• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Changes to Parks Do You Wish WDW Hadn't Made?

I wish they hadn’t changed the Fast Pass system. I loved being able to have one of us head to the machine to get the next FP as soon as the time was available. We zipped through so many rides when the kids were younger this way. I hate all the “reservations” needed now and how park hopping doesn’t start till 2pm.

Horizons! I still miss you. Loved that ride. Also the original Figment. I cannot bear the current one.

While we're at Epcot, I miss the original LwtL with a human on the boat doing the narration. So much better back then.

I'm probably the only person on Earth who misses Food Rocks. I mean, it wasn't a favorite, but I always always saw it.

Meanwhile, over at DHS, I LOVE LOVE LOVE MMRR. I must admit here that I never even liked TGMR, so I wasn't sorry to see it go.

And I miss the old dark Snow White ride. I don't see why they had to get rid of it--having it and the Mine Train would've been fine.

I miss the Lights of Winter at Epcot. I could watch and listen for hours.

Pleasure Island, especially the Comedy Warehouse but also Adventure‘s Club.

I miss the old Soarin. I don't like all the current cgi and bent objects if you’re seated on one of the side rows. Our last original Soarin ride was memorable tho, a private ride with my daughter’s wedding guests.

I kind of miss American Idol. I don’t watch the TV show, but it was fun there. Amazing talent. And a nice way to cool off.

Illuminations, but I haven’t seen the new show.

Wishes.

Tapestry of Nations (NOT Dreams).

The Backlot Tour. We were in it once. It was mortifying. 😂

I miss the flexibility of the old Fastpass system, but I’d take the last FP system over none at all.

Riding in the front of the monorail was a highlight of every trip. You really get that sense of “one rail“ from that vantage point. And most drivers were fun and informative.

Ice Station Cool with the Caveman!

I’m sure there’s so much more.

Adventurer's Club!!!! It was always so much fun.

The paper fastpass system. I can;t stand all the planning that goes into the current system. The lines moved so much better before it

I wish they hadn’t changed the Fast Pass system. I loved being able to have one of us head to the machine to get the next FP as soon as the time was available. We zipped through so many rides when the kids were younger this way. I hate all the “reservations” needed now and how park hopping doesn’t start till 2pm.
I'd take a paid FP system before ever wanting to go back to legacy FP, that was awful. Can accomplish more FPs (at least 10-12+) all on your phone with nobody having to run around. And no planning required, can do it all same day. Maybe plan a few ahead of time, but minimal time required for that, couple minutes maybe.

Man, I loved Pleasure island! No kids after 9. Adult dream. Miss - really - Adventures Club! And every night was New Years Eve = fireworks and all out on the street. Bring back some adult only stuff Disney!!

There were no kids after 9? I'd been going since I was 6 and never got booted out.

1. I miss when Epcot was more educational. World of Motion, Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, etc. It seems Epcot used to be more like Walt originally wanted it than it is now.

2. Pleasure Island! I never got to experience it, but I feel like an "adults only" area for parents to have a night out without their kids, or young adult couples is definitely missing!

Pleasure Island sounded better than it was. I went there during one of the last years it was around (I was in college) and it was run down and outdated. Disney Springs is 10000x better.

There were no kids after 9? I'd been going since I was 6 and never got booted out.

I think the age restriction was inside some of the clubs- I do remember being a teenager and I couldn't get inside some of the dance clubs late at night. Can't totally remember, but I was also underage and was in there very very late at night and my little sister was at Adventurer's Club and she was like under 12.

I think the age restriction was inside some of the clubs- I do remember being a teenager and I couldn't get inside some of the dance clubs late at night. Can't totally remember, but I was also underage and was in there very very late at night and my little sister was at Adventurer's Club and she was like under 12.

We were mostly in the Adventurer's Club, too. The first time we went in we were greeted with "The pygmies are here!". My sisters and I were 11, 9, and 6.

We were mostly in the Adventurer's Club, too. The first time we went in we were greeted with "The pygmies are here!". My sisters and I were 11, 9, and 6.

It was so amazing. There was one character named Otis that used to follow my sister around and make faces at her. So funny... and I loved the side show they did in the mask room.

Sometimes I still hear my uncle humming the song... "Marching along we're adventurers....."

I enjoyed the original movie-making focus of old Hollywood Studios - Great Movie Ride; animation drawing class; Backlot Tour etc.. I wish they could have found room to keep some of that alongside new lands.

I liked the paper FPs - they seemed more straightforward (less mental stress on vacation!) and fairer (one at a time and, crucially, you had to be physically present in the park to get one).

Removing Magical Express.

Neglecting their overall, market-leading attention to detail of the Guest experience ...of old!

And as for depriving regular ticket-holders of MK evening 'magic'... :sad: You didn't used to have to pay twice to enjoy MK during the day and, then, into the evening. The evening atmosphere was so special - the lights, the music, the parade, the change of pace. ...'Why charge once for something, if you can charge twice for it!" :sad2:

Among the things I liked at the Adventurer’s Club was the late night (really early morning, like 1:30am) show with the risqué French maid.

I agree 100% that taking Magical Express away is a real hit to the many guests who visit WDW each year and stay onsite. That was such a good benefit. I really don't understand why they are taking it away and I'm hoping they will rethink that one. I'm pretty sure the cost was already backed into room pricing and if that needed to be increased they could have adjusted pricing accordingly.

I also really wish they would put back the 2nd bus stop at DS. The first stop was down by the Christmas Store and the second was in the general area as the only bus stop is now located. It is so inconvenient now going to DS. We spend most of our time in the area of the Christmas Store, the Lava Lounge, the Disney Store, Ghirardelli and Lego Store. Now we have to get off and walk all the way down to the Christmas Store and walk all the way back again to get the bus back to our resort. Very inconvenient for the guests staying onsite.

Totally agree with Tapestry of Nations, Lights of Wonder, and Adventurer‘s Club. Also, Comedy Warehouse and Citizens of Hollywood. Really miss them and hope they return sometime soon.

I agree 100% that taking Magical Express away is a real hit to the many guests who visit WDW each year and stay onsite. That was such a good benefit. I really don't understand why they are taking it away

I don't understand either. If they force more people into getting rental cars, it's then going to be much more convenient to eat/shop off property, spend a day at Universal/Sea World, etc. We always fly and we never get a rental car, so we have never done anything off Disney Property, but if we have to get a rental car, that will definitely change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter