What clothes to bring??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
Do I need to bring our parkas (heavy winter coats)??? I plan on packing layers , some shorts, some pants, long sleeves , t shirts, hats , gloves?? But the coats I'm stuck on. I was planning on fall jackets with hoodies if needed. But will that be warm enough for 12/30 to 1/6.

I am anxious to read replies. We have January 2 - 9 booked. I do plan to pack as you do, layers. I am planning to bring our heavy coats too, as of now. I would rather be prepared than not prepared. I expect us to have room for our heavy coats so I thought I would go ahead and pack them.

Look at the weather channel. The highs never are below 70 all that week. Don't bother with the heavy coat. You will need a jacket for mornings and evenings.

I respectfully disagree with the PP. While it may warm up this week, and I hope that it does, it was 31* this morning at 8:30.

We live in the arctic and we arrive in WDW Jan 1st - 12th. We are bringing fall coats not our parkas :lmao: We went last year druing the last week of January and it was chilly but we got a good laugh when we saw people bundled up in big winter coats :rotfl2: I guess it depends where you are coming from, as long as I don't have shovel and I'm not risking frostbite we'll be happy :banana:

Definitely keep looking at the weather channel. We were there 12/5-12/12. Watch the lows not just the highs. We all took winter coats and lighter jackets. I had left my gloves in the car at the airport. I bought new ones at one of the gift shops along with a scarf. The wind chills were in the upper teens and twenties. We were very very cold starting about 4:30 every afternoon. It was so cold, many people left the parks early so we were able to walk onto most attractions/rides. That part was great, but it was incredibly cold. I would still go in December again, but probably layer even more. I can't emphasize enough...take gloves, take scarves, my wool socks were a great comfort. If you don't have any, get some. When we were in the gift shops, we saw that WDW sold a lot of coats, gloves, and scarves. It was like it is in summer when people don't expect rain so they buy panchos. It was pretty telling that the last thing cast members would say at the gift shops and restaurants was, "stay warm".

I respectfully disagree with the PP. While it may warm up this week, and I hope that it does, it was 31* this morning at 8:30.

I had checked weather.com prior to our xmas trip 12/19-12/30. We had brought hoodies and some of us a bigger jacket. Unpredictable weather.. for example 12/25 we stayed at the resort and my kids were enjoying the swimming pool. Well, couple of days later the weather dips to the high 20's in the morning. We all went shopping for thermals to layer, gloves, scarfs, bigger jackets , well you get the idea. People were even using blankets around themselves at the parks yesterday. So, depending on the forecast and your luggage space, bring some warmer clothing in just in case.

Have a wonderful trip:wizard::wizard:

I had checked weather.com prior to our xmas trip 12/19-12/30. We had brought hoodies and some of us a bigger jacket. Unpredictable weather.. for example 12/25 we stayed at the resort and my kids were enjoying the swimming pool. Well, couple of days later the weather dips to the high 20's in the morning. We all went shopping for thermals to layer, gloves, scarfs, bigger jackets , well you get the idea. People were even using blankets around themselves at the parks yesterday. So, depending on the forecast and your luggage space, bring some warmer clothing in just in case.

Have a wonderful trip:wizard::wizard:

Oh, I forgot about WDW selling the snuggies when we were there. We saw a few walking around in them in the parks.

LAYERS!! We are from MN and use to the cold....FL cold is damp. Totally different and COLD!! We were there Dec 8-16....we wore shorts 2 days and were chilled. We wore full winter-gear (hats, winter coats, gloves, scarves, along with t-shirt, long sleeve & sweatshirt)
Watch the weather channel. FL has been cold this year. One morning it was a 17 degree windchill and it was freezing!! I've never used so many snack credits for hot chocolate!! I think I drank 5 a day!! :scared1:
On the up side....it does make the parks easier to get around. Crowds are less in the morning and evenings. Heck-Splash Mtn never had a wait!! :rotfl: go figure!!
Jen

I am so glad my husband talked me into taking our Columbia 3 in 1 jackets. It was a blessing to be able to switch to exactly what was needed each day. I also packed hats and gloves for both of us and also a scarf for myself. Some days a jacket of any kind was not even required. But; we enjoy night activities like the parades and fireworks so they were essential when the sun went down and the temps dipped into the 30's.

As others have mentioned..I would keep an eye on the Weather Channel Forecast.

This is my 2nd winter living in Central Florida, a bit North of WDW. Layers are definitely the way to go.

We were at Epcot on 12-15, and it was about 35 in the morning, warming up to 50/60 by noon. I wore a mid-weight coat comparable to a Columbia, with a hat, scarf, gloves, and brought a backpack to stow it all in for the rest of the day.

However, if I had to do it again, I likely would have gone with polar fleece with hat, scarf, gloves- so much less to stow for the rest of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter