What dates do schools break up in Sept/Oct?

kizzle

Mouseketeer
anyone have the dates when schools break up for fall between these 2 months?

Cheers

There is a huge window here. I grew up in NY where we had off for all the Jewish holidays and the Columbus Day. In the Midwest we don't get Columbus Day but get one long weekend for fall break towards the end of October.

There is a huge window here. I grew up in NY where we had off for all the Jewish holidays and the Columbus Day. In the Midwest we don't get Columbus Day but get one long weekend for fall break towards the end of October.
Yeah I forgot about all the different t schools/states it must vary is days off. But ease t sure wether there was a definite days all the schools are off

It's different depending on what part of the country you're from. What dates were you considering? That would make answering a bit easier.

I never heard of Columbus Day as I'm from UK but it sounds a crazy weekend! I try pick a easy time for that weekend haha cheers for the link

Funny thing is, depending on where you are in the U.S., Columbus Day is very different. In the northeast it is a pretty big event with day(s) off from school and parades and festivals, etc.

Out west they don't even celebrate it and no days off from school or anything (we were out in California last October and had no idea that schools wouldn't be off)

Fall break around these parts is either the week of Oct 10th and 17th or the weeks of the 17th and 24th, depending on which school.

We're Midwest- Indy area- and two week fall break at the beginning of October. It varies in the metro area. If memory serves, nearby (relatively) St Louis just gets Columbus Day. No "fall break" at all. But it's been a few years since I knew that for sure.

Wisconsin area tends to have an extended weekend in late October but that's about it no major breaks during September or October.

It not only varies from state to state but county to county also. My kids are out for fall break the first week of October but some of the surrounding counties are out the second week of October.

We're Midwest- Indy area- and two week fall break at the beginning of October. It varies in the metro area. If memory serves, nearby (relatively) St Louis just gets Columbus Day. No "fall break" at all. But it's been a few years since I knew that for sure.

Wisconsin area tends to have an extended weekend in late October but that's about it no major breaks during September or October.

Chicago and surrounding area is like these two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter