• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What degrees get a corporate job at Disney?

DD got her degree in Hospitality/Tourism Management with a minor in Business and a minor in Spanish. She starts the Disney Professional Internship Program in 2 weeks.

DD got her degree in Hospitality/Tourism Management with a minor in Business and a minor in Spanish. She starts the Disney Professional Internship Program in 2 weeks.
This sounds like something she could do. She has thought about hospitality but not sure as many "good" jobs in that. I said business because that covers anything. She is in AP Spanish (straight A) so that's another thing she would do well with.

Business and Technology type degrees would transfer well to many different companies, including Disney. I would urge her to focus more on a practical degree that she could use to get a job almost anywhere, in the event Disney doesn't work out. Being female, something in software or IT related fields would be in demand and high paying. Business can be as well.

My brother worked for corporate Disney for several years. His degree was in social psychology. He worked in marketing for the Disney Store.....although he also got offered a job in Parks (also marketing related).

OT: Is he happy with his degree of choice? Any regrets? This is something my son wanted to pursue, but it only seems to be offered as an AS in our state. He's still considering it or a BA in Mass Communications: Production. The two seem similar, but the T&E focuses more on theater and Production focuses more on news programming which he is also interested in. Just curious what he thought about it since I haven't been able to find many people with that degree. Congratulations to him for landing a job in his chosen field!
Speaking of not making much money. Folks don't get into television (especially production) to get rich. They do it because they enjoy it.

My dd has known she wants to be at WDW since she was 12. She just graduated from college, degree in theatre arts (yeah, I know...wonderfully usable degree!!).

I know! Isn't a degree in Theatre Arts wonderful?!!!Those grads have gone on to do so many different things like acting, teaching theatre, coaching, PR and even law school, to name a few. Theatre students are so well prepared for many things out there!

Speaking of not making much money. Folks don't get into television (especially production) to get rich. They do it because they enjoy it.

Thankfully, he does enjoy it! While I don't know what his future holds, he's a VERY simple person and could easily make enough to support himself with his lifestyle. Now, if you add in a wife and kids, he'll have to get a second job or find a wife who makes more!

I have several friends with MBAs from Top 5 programs working at Disney. They work in the studios, gaming division, parks, etc. All corporate. All in LA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter