• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Deluxe Studios Still Have a Table and Chairs?

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
So I am noticing with the latest BWV and BRV refurbs, the table and chairs have been removed to include the Murphy bed. What studios, other than Copper Creek, still have the table and chairs? This is such a down grade. So they will have a mini kitchen but no where to sit and eat.

So I am noticing with the latest BWV and BRV refurbs, the table and chairs have been removed to include the Murphy bed. What studios, other than Copper Creek, still have the table and chairs? This is such a down grade. So they will have a mini kitchen but no where to sit and eat.
The no-table thing drives me crazy. We won't stay at SS bc of it.

My job allows me to work from anywhere so more often than not I'm working on our trips. I set-up "shop" on the table and I'm up and running for the times I need to be. I know I can leave the room and find another space in the hotel, but out of respect for my clients, I don't want to talk about their business in a public setting. (even though no one knows who is on the other line.)

The no-table thing drives me crazy. We won't stay at SS bc of it.

My job allows me to work from anywhere so more often than not I'm working on our trips. I set-up "shop" on the table and I'm up and running for the times I need to be. I know I can leave the room and find another space in the hotel, but out of respect for my clients, I don't want to talk about their business in a public setting. (even though no one knows who is on the other line.)
At BRV the "coffee table" top pulls up to almost desk height and is perfect for using your laptop while sitting on the couch. I believe the one at SSR does, as well. However, I do miss the table and chairs. The small stool/ottomans they have at BRV are not so great for sitting, and if there are more than 2 people in the room, someone will have to sit on the bed. Don't like that.

At BRV the "coffee table" top pulls up to almost desk height and is perfect for using your laptop while sitting on the couch. I believe the one at SSR does, as well. However, I do miss the table and chairs. The small stool/ottomans they have at BRV are not so great for sitting, and if there are more than 2 people in the room, someone will have to sit on the bed. Don't like that.
I need a back to a chair. Not gonna hump over sitting on a stool.

I need a back to a chair. Not gonna hump over sitting on a stool.
I agree! I have family who live locally and sometimes they come back to the room. I don't like that there aren't any chairs in the BRV studios anymore (we don't do a 1BR if it's only 2 of us - most of the time). Two people can sit on the couch and then the rest have to sit on the bed or use one of the stools, and you are right, not comfortable for more than a few minutes!

Even moderates have a table and chairs. I am interested to see a 1 bedroom, I’m sure it will still be the little round table, where other resorts have a table large enough for 4 to sit In a 1 bedroom.

Even moderates have a table and chairs. I am interested to see a 1 bedroom, I’m sure it will still be the little round table, where other resorts have a table large enough for 4 to sit In a 1 bedroom.
The 1BR's all have a dining table and chairs that will seat 4, though maybe a little tight. For some, it's banquette seating, then normally 2 chairs.

The 1BR's all have a dining table and chairs that will seat 4, though maybe a little tight. For some, it's banquette seating, then normally 2 chairs.
They're talking about studios.

That is a great table and chairs. Wont be staying at BWV studios now. Such a downgrade.
The photo in @DebbieB's post is the living room of a 1/2BR. I certainly hope that BWV gets the banquette style that can seat at least six, preferably 8-9 since that's the sleeeping capacity of a 2BR. It's always been ridiculous that to seat 4, the capacity of a 1BR, required two people to sit at the bar behind the kitchen sink, and for a 2BR guests would have to eat in shifts!

I have done solo trips with SSR studios, no issue, I actually like the pull up table. But we have the same at home, so we are used to it. Now if there are 4 in the studio, that does make things tight. We have pulled in chairs from the balcony but they are hard.

OKW I believe still have table and chairs. My son stayed there this summer and he said the rooms had all be renovated and loved it. I know guests like the new resorts however OKW has the largest rooms.

I have done solo trips with SSR studios, no issue, I actually like the pull up table. But we have the same at home, so we are used to it. Now if there are 4 in the studio, that does make things tight. We have pulled in chairs from the balcony but they are hard.
Really should we have to be doing all of this in a supposed “ deluxe” resort?

Why are they not doing the murphy bed layout like at Pop? When you fold up the murphy bed you get back the table and they have 2 chairs that goes with it. I find it pretty dumb to actually have more functionality at a value resort then you would at a deluxe studio. For our family we much rather have a murphy bed over the horrible pullout sofa, even at the cost of the table and chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter