What did you and your partner do for your first date?

We went to a Mexican restaurant ate dinner and watched our local college hockey team play. After that we went to a bar and hung out with some of his work friends.

What did you and your partner do for your first date?

Hard to say - I can't decide what was our first "date".

We used to be part of a group of people on our bowling league that would go out for pizza after bowling once a week. The group started dwindling down when the league ended, and it was just him & me.

Or, we met up at Walt Disney World (me traveling with my family, him traveling with friends, coincidentally at the same time, in the same hotel) for drinks one night.

Or, what I would call an actual "date" (he asked if I'd like to go out, and I said yes). That date was an supervisors appreciation dinner (dress up fancy) for where he worked, and I met all the big bosses & their wives that night. (no pressure there).

To follow that up, he took me the next week to watch his parents (and aunt & uncle) bowl. Also, his grandparents were there.

Last edited:
I guess our first 'date' ended up being we ordered a pizza and watched some movie I owned on DVD/Blu-ray. After she finished tutoring me in College Algebra (honestly, the only reason I passed was because of her).

An actual date, we went to a local restaurant on a Friday night, then went to a fun center and went mini-golfing and go-karting.

Went hiking. Had lunch at Cheese Board Pizza in Berkeley. Did some other stuff too. But it was a really fun day.

February 14, 1992, we saw Wayne’s World and then went to Marble Slab. His friend worked at the theater and his brother worked at Marble Slab. Instead of thinking that he was cheap, I thought “Wow he can get me free stuff.” Then we both went to work because waiters and pizza delivery guys can bank on Valentine’s Day.

We met online, so we went to Starbucks to meet in person. We chatted for a few hours, and decided we wanted to go to dinner. I tried to give him directions to California Pizza Kitchen. I am terrible at directions, so I offered to drive us. I threatened to push him out of the car if he tried anything!!!! :rotfl2: Dinner went well and he has been stuck with me for almost 16 years now!!!! :love:

He purchased tickets to the Broadway Series in our town to force himself to have a social life. He asked me at church to see Evita with him and join him for dinner. I then became his favorite person to take, and two years later we were married. That was almost 23 years ago!

It was a blind date so we met for coffee and then took a walk along the river., The following week which was more an official date we went swing dancing . That was 22 years ago.

What we count as our first "date" didn't start out as a date. We were part of the same friend group in college, and one random Sunday, my next-dorm-neighbor and I decided we needed a home-cooked meal. (She had a car, and my family lived only 80 minutes away.) So we asked at breakfast if anyone wanted to go with us, and now-DH accepted. Something just...changed between us on the drive back, and we've been a couple ever since. (Our friends wondered why it took so long. :laughing: )

I made him carry a very heavy box of root vegetables 2 miles to a friend’s apartment 😝 And then HE bought ME lunch. To be fair it wasn’t supposed to be a date - that’s what he considers our first date.

What I consider our first date was several days later in the middle of a blizzard - he tried to cancel and I wouldn’t let him because I didn’t know if I’d get another chance. So we went out in the middle of the blizzard and got ramen, and he promised me he would have rescheduled lol. Two weddings and a baby later I guess he really does want to be stuck with me :)

We can't agree on what our first date was, because when we first met, dating wasn't really on either of our minds and we sort of slid into a romantic relationship sideways. He likes to count the very first night we hung out just the two of us - I was picking up his brother, who lived with him at the time, to go to clubbing and started talking to DH while I was waiting, which led to BIL borrowing my car to go to the club without me. I don't count that because he didn't really ask me out, it just sort of happened. The first time he actually asked me out and took me on a "real" date was to see Star Wars Phantom Menace on opening night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter