What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

I made two pumpkin pies today, one for DH and one to take to dinner tomorrow. I also made the cake portion of a spice cake roll. The cake is currently rolled and cooling, I plan to make a cream cheese icing tomorrow for the filing.

I’ve always wanted to make a cake roll but for some reason haven’t attempted one yet

I made two pumpkin pies today, one for DH and one to take to dinner tomorrow. I also made the cake portion of a spice cake roll. The cake is currently rolled and cooling, I plan to make a cream cheese icing tomorrow for the filing.
I see them make cake rolls on the Great British Bake Off all the time and always wanted to make one. I’m too chicken.

French Onion Soup Tarte Tatin, from Serious Eats. the house smells amazing while this is cooking, and, except for the one onion wedge that clearly didn't come in contact with the pan, this tarte is a serious looker. Usually a sweet dessert tart made with apples, this tarte tatin recipe is an adaptation which uses the savory ingredients of French Onion Soup Gratinee using a savory buttery pie crust. Carmelized, super-rich onions, boozy with Amotillado and a splash of Asian fish sauce, fill in the blanks between the raw onion wedges, and they're cooked on the stovetop before getting a hefty sprinkle of Gruyere cheese and a dijon mustard-slathered crust. Baked in the oven, it's then cooled a bit and inverted on a rack to cool.

1701378677472.jpeg

1701378695045.jpeg

1701378715861.jpeg

1701378759271.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter