What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

My new oven arrives on Friday! I can’t wait to try it out. I stocked up on baking supplies when I drove up to King Arthur on Sunday so I’ll have to start looking at recipes.

I’m feeling a baked good with coffee, so just popped in a Trader Joe’s pumpkin loaf mix into the oven.

I haven’t seen all the pages, but has anyone ever made macarons from scratch?

My daughter was gifted a cookbook and a kit with the mat and pastry bags. So I got the almond flour and almond milk…and now I’m just procrastinating. But need to use the milk before it goes bad.

It seems pretty involved and requires the mixer which I hardly ever drag out. Things need to rest. Never made a meringue.

Anyone with experience to reassure me that it’s not that complicated? I know I should just do it…for my daughter . 😌

My new stove was just delivered! I’m trying to decide what to bake first. Any ideas or suggestions ! I’ll be making my dad granola this weekend, he asked for it right before my stove died.

My daughter was gifted a cookbook and a kit with the mat and pastry bags. So I got the almond flour and almond milk…and now I’m just procrastinating. But need to use the milk before it goes bad.

It seems pretty involved and requires the mixer which I hardly ever drag out. Things need to rest. Never made a meringue.

Anyone with experience to reassure me that it’s not that complicated? I know I should just do it…for my daughter . 😌
It’s complicated well at least to me and I buy them already made.
Still I say try them since you have a great mother daughter project ahead 🙂

I am in the process. I am trying my hand at sourdough. So far I am in the middle of trying to make bread with an unfed starter. So..... not off to a good start. LOL!

I was told it can be done and since work has been an epic fail today, (working remotely and trying to share a workstation. It did not work and I am offline.) I figured I have nothing to lose, so I'm still working at it. I did feed my starter so we will see what happens with that.

Cinnabon rolls. They turned out absolutely scrumptious but I couldn't help but notice that my oven struggled a bit to maintain the perfect temperature. So, I've come to the realization that it's time for an oven upgrade. Any ao customer service reviews? I'm planning to do some research to find the best option that suits my baking needs. If anyone has any recommendations or tips for finding the ideal oven for baking, I would be grateful.

Last edited:

Give it a try. My DD did a great job making them. I think she has only did them once.
They are hard, but she and her BF took a class.

1709147558709.jpeg

I made devil's food cupcakes (Betty Crocker) and home made chocolate frosting. My grandmother's recipe. Yummy.
Ooohhh...care to share the recipe? DH loves chocolate and homemade frosting would be great as a surprise. Totally understand if you want to hang on to your grandmother's recipe for yourself. Just thought I would ask.

I WFH on Mondays and have been wanting to make granola so today is the day. It’s easy to mix together but takes about an hour to bake, so east to toss in while I work. It’s in the oven now and it smells delightful in here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter