What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

:laughing:Well, it's that time of year again...several friends have insisted on giving me zucchini out of their gardens. What do you do with the stuff, especially when the goal of baking with zucchini is to come up with a result that doesn't taste like it has zucchini in it? Every year I pull a random recipe off the internet and give it a go, always returning the final product back to the grower. This year it's been blueberry zucchini muffins with streusel topping and they've turned out pretty well!
I love this Lemon Zucchini Bundt Cake https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/lemon-zucchini-cake/
I make pasta and add to sauteed onions, garlic, halved cherry tomatoes, shredded zucchini or yellow squash and about a cup of grated Parmesan. Thin out with a little pasta water if desired.

:lovestruc Peaches are at their prime here right now - I'd take the recipe for that!
Peach Clafouti
2 Cups Fresh Fruit (I’ve used peaches, large dice, rhubarb, raspberries, blueberries and the traditional cherries)
1 Cup unbleached flour
1/4 t salt
2 Cups milk (any fat content)
3 Large eggs
1/2 Cup sugar
1 t Vanilla
Melted butter to drizzle on top

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter and flour 10” porcelain tart dish or similar. Distribute fruit evenly over the bottom.

In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour and salt, then add 1 Cup milk and whisk to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, and whisk to incorporate. Whisk in sugar, vanilla and remaining cup of milk. Gently pour batter over the fruit and drizzle with butter.

Bake clafouti on middle rack until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes. Cool to set. Garnish with powdered sugar Or a little whipped cream to dress it up.

5-6 servings

I just made it with some Colorado peaches and it was yummy.

I did a quadruple batch of chocolate cookies - for home, for guests at the lake and for the first day of school in a couple weeks.
And a chocolate cereal type cake.

I made this Keto Cinnamon Donut Bread, only I put it in a mini-muffin tin and baked it for about half the time. Good flavor, but I want to play with the recipe a little next time, as I would like to see them a bit more moist.

The other day I tried making a Kool-Aid pie. 4 ingredients:

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 container Cool Whip

1 packet of any flavor Kool Aid

1 graham cracker pie crust, premade or make your own

Combine the condensed milk and Kool Aid, stir until well blended; fold in the Cool Whip; scoop into the pie crust; chill for at least 1 hour; enjoy!!

I made a pink lemonade pie and it was EXCELLENT. Today I made an orange pie and it's also very good!

New Air Fryer:
1. Crinkle cut fries
2. Dino nuggets
Both turned out pretty darned good in no time at all. I expected so very much less.

I love this Lemon Zucchini Bundt Cake https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/lemon-zucchini-cake/
I make pasta and add to sauteed onions, garlic, halved cherry tomatoes, shredded zucchini or yellow squash and about a cup of grated Parmesan. Thin out with a little pasta water if desired.

Thanks for this recipe! I have two more zucchinis to use before they go bad so I'm going to try this recipe.

I made two loaves of zucchinis bread using this recipe called Mom's Zucchini Bread @ allrecipes.com. This time I added raisins to the recipe. I froze one loaf for later use.

Nanaimo bars at a friend‘s request
Banana muffins to use up some brown bananas
Naan (to go with the butter chicken that I made for dinner)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter