• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you do for your last birthday?

Got to hug my best friend for the first time in a year, because we were both fully vaccinated three days before my birthday :) . We went shopping at IKEA together and ate lunch in her car. It was heaven!

hmmmm yesterday, can I remember that far back.? Church, fast food dinner with the grandsons, DIL brought over a cake. Had granddaughters on ipad so they could all sing together....sort of.

Was suppose to be spent in MK. But DH AFib changed all that.

We were in lockdown, so nothing.
Yes, it was my second Covid birthday although at least I wasn’t in full quarantine for this one, like I was in March of 2020. We got take out and I baked myself a cake. Friends porch-dropped cards and gifts. It wasn’t a milestone birthday so it’s no big deal but under different circumstances we would have gone out somewhere special or had a party.
party:

NO celebration other than going out for my Annual Birthday Bicycle Ride as I have done "forever." Typically the length is twice my age plus 1 extra mile for "Good Measure" but failed this year at achieving my goal because I had a small bicycle related crash 6 days earlier. Hopefully no crash prior to next years birthday ride since I ain't getting any younger. Next year's ride will be 145 miles with this past July's ride being a disappointing 115 miles.

My actual birthday we got takeout. We celebrated the next month with a road trip to Oregon. I got to see the Last Blockbuster. My life is complete. 😁

I think we had Chinese takeout and my one daughter brought me a cake. The previous year I spent it in the Pediatric ICU with my youngest as she had scoliosis surgery that day

Gosh, I don't remember. I can tell you what I didn't do--go to Disney World--which is what I do every year.

I'll be back this year; in two weeks!

Normally it’s ho hum but this year I was at Disney. Had a relaxing day at the Fort, and pizza and cupcakes on the Boardwalk for dinner. It was great.

went to the local Irish bar/restaurant and heard some live music, drank some Guinness.

This year I will be celebrating my 60th in Orlando in May.

DH & I were on a 1 week vacation in Ocean City, NJ with my Mom, Sis and her family. DH and I went down to Cape May to have lunch at The Lobster House . We had dinner at the rental from a local seafood takeout with the resqt of family.

I attended an awards ceremony for a Bible memorization program for kids and teens at my church. (Awana, if anyone is familiar with it.) It was extra special for me, because I went back as an adult to do all the books, and earned my final award that the high school seniors earn. One of the Seniors specifically wanted me to finish with her class, which I thought was super sweet. so I pushed myself and did the final 2 1/2 books in like... 6 months. (usually one per school year for the kids/teens.) IT was really special, and one I'll remember for the rest of my life.

I had my annual physical and I had to work because they couldnt give me the day off since it was easter week and others were off. I don't remember dinner. Maybe my mom cooked? I had wanted a cake but its too much to plan and my hubby doesnt think of it. But we had done a nice brunch the weekend before. The year before was the first 15 days of the 15 days to slow the spread (what day are we on now?) and I had arranged a cake with hidden mickeys. It was nice. I did spend my 40th at WDW ! seems like ages ago...

Worked and then my husband picked up whatever food that I wanted. Can't remember what we had. We don't really celebrate birthdays and holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter