What did you get your DH for your 20th Anniversary?

katie111

DIS Veteran
I'm usually a great gift giver for my family and especially for my DH but my 20th anniversary is fast approaching and I am coming up completely blank on gift ideas for my DH.

Any ideas?? We have 3 kids, ages 11, 14, and 15. He spends the majority of his time working, coaching the kids sports, and hanging out with the family or our friends. He golfs occasionally and skis a lot but has plenty of stuff for both. He's not into hunting, fishing, boating, motorcycles, etc.

Too long ago to remember.....but we don't usually do gifts.
We travel and count that as our celebration.
This year we will be in Vienna on a river cruise for out actual anniversary (our 44th)

Last edited:

I think that’s the year we spent a month in Europe. We celebrated our anniversary and Mother’s Day on that trip. I’d rather have a trip or go do something special, instead of getting a gift.

We stopped giving gifts to eachother years ago so for our 20th we went to WDW for the F&W fest, and I added the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour.
Have you considered a trip, or maybe just a night "away" from home- a nice dinner, nice hotel room for the night.

We don’t do gifts. Our 40th is this Saturday and we are planning a day trip and will have nice meals while we are gone.

We went away for several days. We didn’t go exactly on our anniversary but a few months later when our daughter was abroad on a school exchange program.

Maybe get your DH tickets to a concert or sporting event?

Like others here, we generally don’t give gifts, but usually celebrate with a night out, including dinner at a nice restaurant. Some years we’ve taken a trip. Nothing special for the 20th that I recall, but for our 25th, we went on an Alaskan cruise.

We don't give gifts to each other either. My husband is the least materialistic person I've met. He golfs and buys as he needs. We are both very particular about our clothes so we can't buy for each other those types of things. We also both hate clutter and extra things lying around the house.

We love to travel so we take multiple trips throughout the year and call them birthday, Xmas and anniversary gifts. And yes, we've taken our children on many "anniversary" trips when they were young.

We don't usually do anniversary gifts either. We have always planned our vacations to fall around our anniversary instead. This year is 40, doing a few nights at GF RPC & lunch with an imagineer to celebrate. We have enough trouble finding birthday & Christmas gifts for each other, I would hate doing anniversary gifts too. I did give him a Movado watch for our 25th. He wore it once, to be nice, lol! And he surprised me with a necklace for our 35th. It is a delicate diamond pendant type thing. Some work issues were causing friction between us, probably the only rough patch we have ever had. I was so moved that he surprised me, even tho we weren't feeling as close as we usually do. I wear it pretty much every day.

We took a 5 night trip to Bermuda rather than spend money on gifts. I’d rather go away even for one night-maybe a gift certificate somewhere near something he’d like to visit?

Yes, this. I'll give you input from a guys' perspective...

I'm not into gifts. I bristle at the idea of DW buying me anything for Xmas, b-day, whatever. I'd rather the money go to the kids or her. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2019, so it's not all that far away. We also have 3 kids, pretty close to OP age (14, 10, 10). I would love nothing more than to have a nice night out with DW. I'm open to what we do. We're both into sports, so maybe going to a baseball game (though it'll be the playoffs by then), or hockey or something. Then spend one night in a nice hotel somewhere. I don't care if it's 20 minutes from our house. Just one night where it's her and I...no talking about the kids, our jobs, nothing. I'm very much hoping we can pull it off.

We don't give presents, either.

For our 20th, we went to a really nice restaurant. 25th - a few months early, we got tickets to Blythe Spirit, a Noel Coward play with Angela Lansbury. Paid for near front-row tickets, and air flight to/from Washington DC (from Chicago). Went to Smithsonian over the weekend as well. It was a wonderful weekend.

This year, our 28th - we've got tickets for the Chicago Symphony (they're playing the music to the first Star Wars movie while it plays). Dinner reservations and overnight stay downtown. It's the middle of the week - feels pretty decadent!

Our 15th was last year, as was my 40th birthday. We did a big trip to Disney World to celebrate the milestones that year, but at a time easier for us. On the actual day we went out to nice dinner paid for by our mothers. Both his mum and mine give us money and one will babysit DD for the night while we enjoy our evening together.

Our 15th wedding anniversary was last weekend, we didn't do anything. DH took three of our kids along with our Cub Scout pack on a 4 day trip to summer camp. I stayed home because I had to work, and DD#2 was sick. Would have loved to have gone as they had an amazing time. We don't really do gifts, and took a grown up only trip to WDW in April. I did however buy him cupcakes for the trip to camp as not only was it our anniversary, but his birthday too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter