What did you seriously love as a child?

Any time I was able to get away without my little sister tagging along. Our mom made that almost impossible. I would have friends call me to come over but I was never allowed to unless I took my sister with me. I usually just stayed home. She’s 4 years younger and was just a pain most of the time. No wonder my mom wanted her to go with me all the time. She very seldom let us have friends over and if we did we always had to play outside which was for the best because I shared a room with my sister and we weren’t allowed to hang out anywhere else in the house.

The smell of cool fresh air from my window in the morning.
I lived in the desert in southern CA, and the temp. would get hot by 9-10am.

The library. I would check out a big stack of books and read them one after the other, and then bring them back and check out the next batch. I was on a first name basis with all of the staff at the library.

I lived in a really small town so my mom had to drive me into the bigger town nearby to go to the library. I’m not sure if all of that back and forth convinced my mom that our town needed it’s own library but she helped found the library in my hometown, and served as the library board president for many decades. I’m super proud that they went from renting a really small space to having their own building without asking for more tax dollars. The board applied for many grants, and set aside fund for a number of years to get the library built.

As a child of the 60’s and 70’s I remember watching The Wonderful World of Disney on TV but I don’t think it ever sunk in that it was a real place you could go to too. My parents never went anywhere on vacations, ever. I literally never went anywhere until I got married and my soon to be husband decided we would go to WDW on our honeymoon. I was clueless. Boy was it an eye opener for me. It was only the Magic Kingdom back then too. Been hooked ever since! 😊

Playing with the ”gang” in my neighborhood as well as kids I met at school. Riding our bicycles, playing in the fields, woods and streets, playing many types of outside games and sports. Having all sorts of adventures that our inventive minds came up with. I still have a large rock with a slot shaped opening at the top that we theorized was an Indian piggy bank! I liberated it from a field that was going to be developed.

Buttermilk and ‘monster’ cheese. Couldn’t get enough of these as a preschooler and knew all I had to do was go upstairs to my great-grandparents and ask.

Reading. I’d go to the library and get armloads of books. I still love to read, but now download books from the library.

I also loved playing outside all summer with my friends - playing hide and seek, baseball and bike riding.

Playing outside with friends, riding my bike all over the neighborhood.

In the summer, my friends grandparents had a pool. I used to love going over there to swim all day. They used to give us rootbeer floats after lunch. (and yes, we sat out those 20 minutes before going back in the pool :laughing:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter