What did you think of Ken Jennings?

teller80

DIS Veteran
I thought he did pretty good. I watched Alex's debut from 1984 and he seemed more relaxed, but he had a background in tv whereas I don't believe Ken has.

I thought he did a good job. Big shoes to fill, even temporarily, especially as the first one. He is smart and likable.

I saw QB Aaron Rodgers will be taking a turn. Looking forward to that. He has been on the show and is a huge fan.

Overall I think he did a great job. There are some small improvements I think he could make, but he will settle into it. The only thing that bugs me is his slight lisp. I'll get over it.

Walter Conkrite was our calming voice in the 60s as we watched TV screens full of young men in body bags, Morgan freeman has done many films were he is narrative voice....so unfortunate for me I tune into the narrative background voice in my life and healing......I am having a difficult time missing Alex voice and so have decided to not watch for awhile, it has become unsettling. one more element covid gone. I thought I would spend the rest of my life watching MASH and Barney miller reruns, the calm voices of the narrative of the characters. Tom Selleck seems to be filling the void for me in my quirkiness .....like the narrative female at Disneyland Christmas fireworks, she sets me to crying but is her voice that I seek. I miss Alex.

No one will fill Alex's shoes.

Ken is fine though.

What I don't like is the same thing I find when the recast soap opera characters.... They are saying the same words the character would use but its just not the same. I'd rather have a new script so the new actor can make the character their own.

I think he did a good job but his voice is a little to soft spoken. We had to turn the volume up and I have excellent hearing.
I said the exact same thing to my mom. They need to turn up his mike volume. Overall I was impressed with him. I’m sure this is difficult for him, especially knowing how much Alex was loved and admired.

I think he did a very good job. The timbre of his voice may not be perfect, but he did well reading the answers and handling the chit-chat and comments parts of the show.

As I had said in another thread, I am old enough to remember the original Jeopardy host, Art Fleming. So for me Alex was a replacement host too, though he ended up performing the job for much longer.

We all know hard it must be for anyone to replace Alex......but I think he did a pretty good job. It was just so hard to get used to hearing a different voice read the questions.....we had it on in the background while we had dinner last night and my mind couldn't wrap around the reading of the questions with a different voice. I think he is trying to use some of the same inflections in the words as Alex did but maybe he should try to make it his own style.

MJ

Agree with everyone, he’s doing a good job. I think he’ll relax and improve over time. Looking forward to seeing how others handle it. I’m open-minded, though it’s odd and somewhat unprecedented, having what are basically on-air auditions.

As a champion contestant, and also having had a personal connection with Alex, I think Ken is uniquely qualified, but it remains to be seen if the producers feel he’s the right choice.

I really like him so far but am looking forward to seeing the other guest hosts as well. Does anyone have a list of who they are?
I had only heard of Ken and Katie Couric and now someone mentioned in this thread Aaron as well.

I think he did well.....very big shoes to fill and I think he did as well as could be expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter