What did you want your parents to buy you growing up?

Me, don't recall anything. I do remember going to the Ford dealer in 1966 and my dad was looking at buying my mom a new car, a Mustang GT. Wish they had bought that. I finally bought one of my own, a 1965 model 8 years ago .

I wanted those classic Nike tennis shoes with the red swoosh. Nope. Traxx from KMart. 😵‍💫 And actually I would have bought them because I worked but they still wouldn’t let me. 🙃

A slinky. I have no idea why my mother dug in on that one, but she did. Traumatized for life. lol

Silly string and a pony. My mom was concerned that the Silly String would get smashed in the carpeting and we just didn't have a big enough yard for a pony. We did nearly get a horse when I was a teenager -- we were going to board it at a neighbors farm (about a mile a way) but my parents decided it was just going to be too much work and the novelty would wear off after a few weeks (looking back, I'm sure they were right on both counts). They had horses when they were first married -- kept them at my dad's cousin's farm a few miles away -- so they knew how much work would be involved.

We used to bug my parents about getting a pool. We had a pretty small yard in NYC that was just about all concrete. A few neighbors actually did have small above ground pools but it wouldn’t really be practical at all but I didn’t realize that at the time.

Everything all the other kids were out in the neighborhood playing with, whether it was a nice bike or RC cars. They all could play while I watched.

Oh, mom did buy me an RC car. Everyone else was up in the woods racing. Mine was attached with a cord and only went forward and turned when it went backwards. Not quite useful to be with my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter