What Disney Inspired Pet Names Do You Have?!

gsrieff

Mouseketeer
If deciding to get our family a puppy wasn't hard enough...then we had to settle on a name!:dog:

We are on a wait list for a Pembroke Corgi early 2016, and they are just so fun to name because of how goofy (hehe) they are! think about all the food names they could have...if only my husband would allow us to have Sir Pancake of Shortstack!!
:rotfl2:LOL! So we knew right away that something Disney was going to be it, but i didn't want it to be so obviously Disney. I had a lot to think about! We already have one cat and he is Named Max (Goofy Movie)

We, as a family, all agreed on........SHERMAN! :love: After The wonderful, amazing, and talented Sherman Brothers. I have loved them all my life without knowing it until the last 5 years of being an adult and realizing the influence they had on my childhood. I couldn't think of a better name for our family dog that will be here for our son as he grows up.

So, what Disney inspired pet names does YOUR family have?!:cat:

I tried to post this before on a different forum and didnt get any responses, so i hope this is a better spot!

We have a corgi too! Best. Dog. EVER. You will love him! Our corgi is named Luke (as in Skywalker)...and we also have a hamster named Sofia (as in Sofia the First). :)

We have/had lots. A greyhound named Lady. Two brother kittens named Pain and Panic. A lab named Megara. A cat named Sebastian. A cat named Nala and her three kittens Banzai, Shenzi, and Ed (all girls lol). A whippet named Tigger. a greyhound named Baloo. A dog named Ariel. And can't believe I forgot our newest kitten Simba.

Last edited:

Our 16mos old miniature Golden Doodle is Minnie Mouse. At our house we love Minnie anything so why not our dog.

I love all the responses so far!! so cute!!! :P i also like that everyone is posting what breed/animal they used a disney name for. when we were trying to decide, i was looking for a thread like this and i couldnt find one! hopefully it keeps going and maybe it can help someone decide someday.

I have a cat named Dinah after the kitten in Alice in Wonderland and the inhabitants of one of my aquariums are loosely referred to by Disney names:

The Ctenopoma Kingsleyae, a big grey fish, is called Dumbo.
Two ropefish, which look like eels, are Flotsam and Jetsam.
There's an African Brown Knifefish called Jafar.
The school of Congo tetras are collectively known as The Seven Dwarfs.

Oh My! We have had more than a few! 200 pound Mastiffs named Tinkerbell and Pixiedust!

Newfoundlands named Magic, Monster (of the Castle), Cricket (Jiminey) , and Belle. We had a rottie named Aurora.

Cats have always come in pairs, Jasmine and Rajah, Duchess nad OMalley, and Simba and Nala!

More than that I can't remember I know we had some small furry animals with disney names as well!

I have had several Disney inspired pet names. Right now we have 3 cats. The old man of the house is Simba (there used to be a Nala but she is gone) is almost 16. Then we have brothers rescued from my daughters back yard, Jack and Barbossa and the names really fit their personalities. I also have a pug/Chihuahua mix named Chewbacca.

Corgis are awesome dogs - how exciting for you!

My 4 year old has a beta fish named Dory, but that's about it for Disney themed animal names.

We've had lots but right now the only one is Koda, a cat, for Brother Bear. We really should have named him Toothless though because he looks and acts just like Toothless the dragon (not Disney though)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter