What Disney Inspired Pet Names Do You Have?!

Our 15 week old Dachshund puppy is named Oswald. Oswald is my favorite character and well he has big floppy ears like Oswald so we went for it.

One cat has an obvious Disney name, Belle. The second is a little trickier...she's officially Snowshoe for her white paws, but we also chose it to call them Belle and Snow after the two princesses.

We rescued a choc lab and a black lab in February 2015 (8 weeks old siblings), named them Walt and Roy.

I had a black cat named Tinkerbell for a short while when I was a kid. And I just recently adopted an orange tabby from my daughter named Simba. My mom had a cat named Tigger. And we had a dog named Toby growing up as well. If you aren't sure where Toby is from.... Toby Tyler (or Ten Weeks With a Circus). Though I'm not sure our dog was actually named after the character :)

I have a Rottweiler named Boo. My daughter picked her name and it fits well!

We adopted a bloodhound mix this year that we named Copper. A tribute to the hound dog in The Fox and The Hound.

I occasionally see the possible bloodhound in him but he definitely has a lot of other breeds in his line as well. At least his name matches his color if nothing else.

We have/had lots. A greyhound named Lady. Two brother kittens named Pain and Panic. A lab named Megara. A cat named Sebastian. A cat named Nala and her three kittens Banzai, Shenzi, and Ed (all girls lol). A whippet named Tigger. a greyhound named Baloo. A dog named Ariel.

We have a black lab named Baloo.

I forgot that our cat Isabella is actually named after the Phineas & Ferb character too.

We went through a number of names for our new kittens before finally settling on Salem and Spellman (not Disney). Spellman, though, is nicknamed Gigi after the cat in Studio Ghibli's Kiki's Delivery Service, which was released in partnership with Disney.

One set of names that didn't stick was Captain Cat Sparrow and his brother the Mad Catter. If one had been a girl, Lilo and Stitch would have been a likely possibility.

The guy in my signature is Dash, from The Incredibles. He is a Jack Russell and the name fits him perfectly! Although at 10 years old now, he has slowed down a bit.

While I was dating my husband, we saw Brother Bear in the theater. I fell in love with the name "koda" and said if we ever got a dog, that would be his name. Years later, we married and a few months after that we rescued a Cocker Spaniel. My husband had a cocker growing up named "copper" from Lady and the Tramp, so we kept with disney tradition and named our new puppy Koda. Nickname KodaBear. He is now 9 years old and the best dog ever, especially to our 6 year old son!

Like every second person in 2003 we had a fish called Nemo. He wasn't a clownfish, just a regular goldfish, but he was orange with white stripes. Funnily enough, he'd had several names that just didn't stick until we finally realised that Nemo was perfect for him!

One of our cats is Blossom but she gets called Boo (or Blossie-Boo) a lot after Boo in Monsters Inc.

I have a black cat named jack, a lab mix named lilo and a new kitten we just found in a parking lot we named Nani now all we need is a Stitch haha

Last edited:
Our 1 yr old black lab is named Copper Tod, though we usually refer to him by a nickname more often than his given name, he still responds equally to both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter