What Disney is trying to do.

Doug McCoy

Mouseketeer
In this post I will be looking at the resorts being built or refurbished in the next few years
Disclaimer: to keep this post as short as possible I will not talk about routine refurbishments like repainting and so on. SECOND DISCLAIMER: these are just speculations and nothing was announced yet

List of things I will be talking about:
-Coronado Springs Tower
-Riviara Resort
-Star Wars Hotel

1. Coronado Springs Tower
The Coronado Springs Tower is a very obvious way of Disney attempting to cut into the market of high-end cheap hotels on Disney property. For example the hotels at Bonnet Creek like the Wyndham Resort. Also the hotels on hotel plaza Blvd and Four Seasons. Disney is probably regretting allowing these third party company's to build on there property so now they want to attempt to break into that market by building this tower hotel that looks suspiciously like the Four Seasons. The concept art alone looks like the lobby of the Marriott World Center. The prices will likely sustain between $75 and $200 and if you see this work we will probably see Disney cut back on allowing outside company's build hotels on property and will see more Disney towers being built for others likely Carribian Beach is there next stop. If this does work and I am almost 95% shore it will we will see a new Disney hotel built with only tall towers just like Bonnet Creek. In my opinion I would like to see this as a part of a family with a bit of a budgeting problem (I.e. We spend way more money at Disney World then we should) it will be a breath of fresh air to see a fairly cheap on property Disney resort that is not a tacky hotel like all star sports that cost way more then it should and its quality can be summed up in its acronym. I thing this will be a great addition to Walt Disney World and as long as it does not have roaches or look like a section 8 housing zone, I'm looking forward to it.

Disneys-Coronado-Springs-Resort_Full_29639.jpg

Last edited:

Part 2.

2. Disney Riviera Resort
This was one of the most interesting things to come from D23, no because of what it is but rather what it is not. Now days Disney is trying to insert IP's into rides. It is interesting to see this original resort along with things like the Guardians of the Galaxy ride and Star Wars Hotel. This resort will most likely be in the $300 dollar to $500 dollar range similar to most of the other Deluxe's. This will be a new DVC the 15th DVC. This resort will be very interesting to see what the imagineers do this time. Most of the IP based attractions and hotels you can guess what the ride/hotel will look like for example a Guardians of the Galaxy ride will likely be like Mission Breakout or Star Wars Hotel will be in space with walk around characters. This hotel on the other hand will be new and you don't know what to expect until it opens. Im cautiously optimistic it looks nice and grand and will most likely look fancy like the Grand Floridian or the Contemporary. Hopefully this hotel works and Disney besides to build more expansions.

let me just say I am not a Disney purist who thinks there should not be any movies in the parks. I myself am excited for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride in Epcot but, it is a breath of fresh air to see a original idea.

Disney-Riviera-Resort_Full_30590.jpg

The resort concept looks a bit like the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel in style.

Part 3.

3. Disney Star Wars Hotel
Disney Star Wars hotel will be a new type of resort experience, you being in the resort will be the equivalent of being in a park. This hotel will allow you to do missions and go on adventures through the hotel to become a Jedi. The YouTube channel Rob Plays made a good video discussing the hotel. He did a way better job then I probably would so I recommend everyone you people reading this should watch that at:
I will sum up that video to make it quick. For one this could possibly replace the idea of a theme park in general and that if you wanted to fill out all the missions your hotel storyline gives you, you may not need to go to the parks. This hotel will be like a cruise as it is all inclusive on the hotel grounds and Star Wars Land similar to the way a everything on the cruise is on the boat and Castaway Cay. Another point was the price and that since this experience is comparable with a cruise the price will likely have 4 digits.

No resort can be compared to section 8 housing. And cheap high end hotel is kind of an oxymoron
I'm just talking about how it looks, the high rise design of some resorts outside of Disney property look like the high rises in a section 8 zone. And yes cheap high end hotel is kind of an oxymoron but, what I mean by that is hotels that cost between $80 and $150 (fairly cheap compared Disney) Im talking about hotels like Courtyard by Marriott or Wyndham

Just to point out that something in your original post is incorrect. The entire Bonnet Creek resort area is NOT on Disney property. This was a piece of land that was not sold to Disney back in the day, but sold later on to the developer of this area.

In this post I will be looking at the resorts being built or refurbished in the next few years
Disclaimer: to keep this post as short as possible I will not talk about routine refurbishments like repainting and so on. SECOND DISCLAIMER: these are just speculations and nothing was announced yet

List of things I will be talking about:
-Coronado Springs Tower
-Riviara Resort
-Star Wars Hotel

1. Coronado Springs Tower
The Coronado Springs Tower is a very obvious way of Disney attempting to cut into the market of high-end cheap hotels on Disney property. For example the hotels at Bonnet Creek like the Wyndham Resort. Also the hotels on hotel plaza Blvd and Four Seasons. Disney is probably regretting allowing these third party company's to build on there property so now they want to attempt to break into that market by building this tower hotel that looks suspiciously like the Four Seasons. The concept art alone looks like the lobby of the Marriott World Center. The prices will likely sustain between $75 and $200 and if you see this work we will probably see Disney cut back on allowing outside company's build hotels on property and will see more Disney towers being built for others likely Carribian Beach is there next stop. If this does work and I am almost 95% shore it will we will see a new Disney hotel built with only tall towers just like Bonnet Creek. In my opinion I would like to see this as a part of a family with a bit of a budgeting problem (I.e. We spend way more money at Disney World then we should) it will be a breath of fresh air to see a fairly cheap on property Disney resort that is not a tacky hotel like all star sports that cost way more then it should and its quality can be summed up in its acronym. I thing this will be a great addition to Walt Disney World and as long as it does not have roaches or look like a section 8 housing zone, I'm looking forward to it.

Disneys-Coronado-Springs-Resort_Full_29639.jpg

The Four Seasons is in no way a high-end "cheap" hotel. And, as PP pointed out, Bonnet Creek is not on Disney property.

Is there a point to this thread?

And the Coronado tower is explicitly designed to support the conference business, and will have some form of concierge/business class. Conferences and DVC are both quality money makers. CSR's conference hall is their medium-range facility, and then most of the large groups are being routed to the BC/YC Conference Center, with blocks held at the BW area hotels.

A lot of people's complaints about CSR is its status as a conference hotel. The new tower is a doubling down on that business.

Riviera is going to be much like OKW, or SSR. It is to be 100% DVC. There will be units available cash, both during developer sales, and long term due to Disney's 2-5% ownership and point trades. But they will be timeshare villas.

And the Coronado tower is explicitly designed to support the conference business, and will have some form of concierge/business class. Conferences and DVC are both quality money makers. CSR's conference hall is their medium-range facility, and then most of the large groups are being routed to the BC/YC Conference Center, with blocks held at the BW area hotels.

A lot of people's complaints about CSR is its status as a conference hotel. The new tower is a doubling down on that business.

Riviera is going to be much like OKW, or SSR. It is to be 100% DVC. There will be units available cash, both during developer sales, and long term due to Disney's 2-5% ownership and point trades. But they will be timeshare villas.
I did not know that

The Four Seasons is in no way a high-end "cheap" hotel. And, as PP pointed out, Bonnet Creek is not on Disney property.

Is there a point to this thread?

The Four Seasons is definitely not a cheap hotel but the building and rooms are generic looking in there design and construction and that Disney is attempting to mimic that.
NHPS4DLX_-eMfBefeYBP6uzXbTI-Po7LmUbNSbLxZPzIxgoj1JVA-VXnTK31e4Ecemvx1MiVA6-Fdo2jnFcmnvGXW64dX44hO25xCJZFCKBN8-7cwdRRBVQJryOmni-FY-oHdzQPbm3AboHecVPzEngwB7LiEz5jDQxk4BYhVD8TU5YerVBsorRVa8R5oKYGsuLTUZojO_bbLZj1ryA5sw6JDjcr137bBPBLZGq2GKhupuhFzAtqIYeQCcWBoTZQ-XbfJln1ogUTNmw7302BtAcmoAFABBh2hBXWSZu102TtmaVOpQ0dun2PrwJAeUpylZgwkGq4bZIOpfptVIb9lKc9LVsd92DloL2uEvLCfP6zhN7A1REgGvapfQFmSMR9LscT_UYi3GDYgJ6t398VBbLRQdww_UV-Da3pAbFcVxt6FRupxSQzs_c-89TpQg_4n0V1KUe5ry6vcG8CmoktFBr3S17jp_p9AoEeb5Xg24_1VhI9WZdDn70I3qMpeLStrdMHDK9Bnx6BVT83OPt4ToNkd6u73Xmkrsr-4qA7LkTk5l8o4eHRV23CuDvgXkiT9gqoF7CcWmCqVtTispJTC-K25XPX_lZVlOtHZgQ=w946-h533-no

look at a side by side between the Four Seasons (left) and the Coronado Tower (right)

can everyone ignore the statement about 4 seasons that was kinda dumb so yeah lets not talk about that.

First none of the hotels look like section 8 housing zone. It does not look like the four seasons. Four Seasons is not cheap luxury. Unless 800 a night is cheap. Colorado Springs will not be a luxury hotel. Disney owns many its Disney is a company and can make its own decision. This thread is not even making that much sense. The Value resorts do not look tacky. They look like slightly better motels except for Art of Animation which is a bit more than that . This thread should not even be here.
I am not sure why rodents entered the conversation tbh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter