What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Reading through posts but it will take me ..a long time. Going Dec 30th to Jan 3rd. Going to hit all 4 parks and then an extra day to pick. Any tips? 2 adults and a 7 year old girl and 16 year old boy.

Can we bring snacks and/or drinks into parks? Monorail included? Will we still need sunscreen than? Do they have lockers at all parks? I been a long time ago don't remember much.

What a wonderful way to ring in 2014! I would recommend sunscreen every day, even if it is cloudy or cool.

Our family has a 2 park limit per day. We usually do Magic Kingdom and Epcot on the same day since you can travel between them using the monorail. We do Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on the same day. We spend the morning at HS before the crowds build, and the afternoon at AK.

That leads me into my next suggestions. Get to the parks EARLY. Especially at the time of year you are going. I recommend about 1/2 hour before the parks open. Truly, there is no better tip to touring than getting there early!

If the line for an attraction is less than 1/2 hour, hop in line. Otherwise, use the fast pass system. For Hollywood Studios, there is no ride more popular right now than Toy Story Mania. My advice is to be at HS early, go to that ride immediately when the park opens. If the line is less than 30 minutes, wait. If not, secure your fast pass immediately! Fast passes can and do run out.

Lastly, I recommend taking a break in between parks. Some people go back to their hotel for a nap and a swim, others eat off property, and others eat on property. It may seem like a waste of time when time seems short, but it is so refreshing to take a short break. We used to just ride the monorail from MK to EP and back as our break. The kids were little and would nap, and we would just enjoy the air conditioning! :-) I hope you have a magical vacation!

I almost forgot...wear the most supportive shoes you can. You would not believe the number of guests who wear flip flops, wedges, and yes, high heels. This is not a fashion show, this is Disney! A day in the Magic Kingdom can be anywhere from 3 to 5 miles walking.

Even if your little prince or princess wants to wear their favorite costume footwear, I highly recommend a good pair of tennis shoes and just pack the fun shoes for pictures. I can't tell you how many times I have seen children wearing princess shoes and upset that their tootsies hurt.

I bring cute sandals to wear to dinner or a show, but my New Balance sneakers are my go-to shoe in the parks. :yay:

The best tips ever is get to the parks early and have a plan. We arrive before rope drop, we feel like we have the park to ourself. By 11:00 am, we have all the major rides done when it is starting to get crowded.

Thank you so much for the tips!!! I don't think we will be park hopping we are just buying 5 base day.

Where is a good place/park for New Year's Eve? (With kids of course)

Thank you so much for the tips!!! I don't think we will be park hopping we are just buying 5 base day.

Oh, a base ticket is great too! One park per day is great for not getting overwhelmed or exhausted from park hopping and makes taking a break during the day easier too.

All of the parks will be quite crowded on New Year's Eve, all day. Parks have been known to close entry due to crowds reaching capacity. I have never toured on a peak day. I have a suggestion though. Whatever park you decide on, get there before opening, and enjoy the park all day! I recommend planning for a mid afternoon break by watching a show or other live entertainment, something that gets you off your feet.

This would be the only time I wouldn't recommend leaving a park for a midday break because you may not be able to get back in! The parks close entry to off-site/day guests first, then to on-site guests.

One other idea. Get to the park you wish to visit first thing, and enjoy it as long as you wish. Then, in the evening before the Magic Kingdom fireworks show, make your way to Disney's Polynesian Resort. There is a beach area that faces the Magic Kingdom. If you stake out a spot, you can watch the fireworks from there. The music is piped in for the show, and it will be a beautiful and interesting view for you. On the days we don't go to the MK because we are using base tickets, we do still get the thrill and goosebumps from the MK fireworks by heading over to the Poly!

Oh, a base ticket is great too! One park per day is great for not getting overwhelmed or exhausted from park hopping and makes taking a break during the day easier too.

All of the parks will be quite crowded on New Year's Eve, all day. Parks have been known to close entry due to crowds reaching capacity. I have never toured on a peak day. I have a suggestion though. Whatever park you decide on, get there before opening, and enjoy the park all day! I recommend planning for a mid afternoon break by watching a show or other live entertainment, something that gets you off your feet.

This would be the only time I wouldn't recommend leaving a park for a midday break because you may not be able to get back in! The parks close entry to off-site/day guests first, then to on-site guests.

One other idea. Get to the park you wish to visit first thing, and enjoy it as long as you wish. Then, in the evening before the Magic Kingdom fireworks show, make your way to Disney's Polynesian Resort. There is a beach area that faces the Magic Kingdom. If you stake out a spot, you can watch the fireworks from there. The music is piped in for the show, and it will be a beautiful and interesting view for you. On the days we don't go to the MK because we are using base tickets, we do still get the thrill and goosebumps from the MK fireworks by heading over to the Poly!

Great! Thanks so much!

I always bring garbage bags. They are great for storing dirty clothes, wet bathing suits and towels, and can be used as rain ponchos if you are really desperate!
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014pixiedust:

Instead of the individual kool aid/crystal light packets, I would put a lemon in my waterbottle from the drink stand (near the iced tea).

using a code from a certain website to rent a van for the week. omg. having your own transportation cannot be beat.

If you're staying on property, most places have parties at the pool (with cupcakes, movies and dancing).
As someone who has high anxiety, I don't do crowds. We tend to get an ADR at Downtown Disney and then head back to the resort to hang there for the night.
As well, if you don't plan on staying up super late on NYE, go to the parks the next day in the morning- as someone who has done this many times, I would highly recommend this. :)

My current favorite tip is about stuffing newspapers into wet shoes overnight to help dry them out -- came in very handy this weekend on a wet trip to Dollywood for my grandson and me. It's so close to home that we didn't take extra shoes (silly me), even tho we were staying over 2 nights -- and it poured the first evening. (At least the park was totally uncrowded, but most/many rides were still operating [no lightning]).

It's a possible they might. Since the water stays on the street, they may worry about it freezing over and creating ice. Don't want people to slip and fall.

Also, I thought I remember someone asking if there was a trick to getting it to work. There is. We just got back and I figured it out while I was there. You'll see a black square on the sidewalk. When you're ready to make it rain, make sure and put at least one foot on the square. This is the switch to turn it on. Once you lift your foot, it will turn off.

Where is this my kids would love it

Can you still make calls from the phones in epcot?

also

do they still do the paintbrush thing on toms island in mk

brushes have been gone for some time. Recent reports have been that the phones at Epcot UK do not work. I don't know if that is temporary or permanent.

Is the penny press 26 cents or more and do Canadian pennys work

Hey, I was at WDW this November it is 51 cents and don't use the Canadian penny. I used one by mistake (I guess i didn't fully clean out my wallet) and it didn't turn out, and ended up redoing it with an American penny.

We,, I was suffering HIGH anxiety bouts for my very first trip I've read almost all threads about advices and tips when going to WDW! :rotfl2:
So the best of the best tips I've found here:
1. Zip lock bags. Buy them or bring them, you'll use to avoid messies leaking things in bags and suitcases, to keep wallets , watches and cameras safe and sound in the water rides and so storage clothes 'day-by-day' (undies, shorts, tshirts,even socks and hais acessories). Great for kids to be able to opena drawer pick up a zip bag and dress themselves.
2. Wire-net foldable dirty laundry basket - great to do just one the trip to te laundry!
3. Plastic 'hang in the door' shoes rack used to sort and order all the toiletries!
4. Bengay cream at night to soothe calves, legs and feet after so many walking/standing up hours!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter