What Do I Do? My reservation seems to be locked

creativeamanda

DIS Veteran
So long story short, I've made a lot of changes to my Disney reservation that I think has locked the reservation from even taking payments online. Has anyone had this issue in the past? How can I get it resolved? I honestly don't want to call and give out my credit card information, and just moving my reservation on Monday from the Grand Floridian to the Beach Club caused a 45 minute wait. Can they even fix this?

So long story short, I've made a lot of changes to my Disney reservation that I think has locked the reservation from even taking payments online. Has anyone had this issue in the past? How can I get it resolved? I honestly don't want to call and give out my credit card information, and just moving my reservation on Monday from the Grand Floridian to the Beach Club caused a 45 minute wait. Can they even fix this?
When I called to pay my balance a couple of weeks ago it was all automated. I didn't speak to anyone.

If something about your reservation seems messed up, I think the best option is to call. Perhaps they can resolve the error causing your issue and you can still submit payment online.

If something about your reservation seems messed up, I think the best option is to call. Perhaps they can resolve the error causing your issue and you can still submit payment online.
So what I did was call because it was messed up on Monday. I was on the phone for 45 minutes. They didn't fix the underlying issue, which is a locked reservation.

Did you call the reservations number or tech support? Perhaps call MDE support at (407) 939-4357.

Every time I called for our stay last year was easy and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have a massive wait! I waited less than a minute every time I needed to change my reservation (I had serious issues choosing a resort, would book and then change my mind--must have switched at least 5 times 🤣) or to make payment. I think because I changed my reservation from a package to a room-only (ended up using an AP discount), I had to call to make payment. Not sure what a "locked reservation" is but hopefully they can resolve it.

Regardless of which Disney number you call, you will sometimes get a person who either doesn't know how to solve a problem or seems unwilling to make any effort to be helpful, whether they lack training or are just lazy isn't always clear. Usually in the first 5 minutes of the call, it is clear whether or not they will be helpful. Trying calling back if the person wasn't helpful and you will likely get someone else who can solve your issue.

Regardless of which Disney number you call, you will sometimes get a person who either doesn't know how to solve a problem or seems unwilling to make any effort to be helpful, whether they lack training or are just lazy isn't always clear. Usually in the first 5 minutes of the call, it is clear whether or not they will be helpful. Trying calling back if the person wasn't helpful and you will likely get someone else who can solve your issue.
The CMs can be vastly different. If one is not being helpful I give up right away.

When you get one that seems like a 30 year veteran it's like winning the Disney lottery.

If you call and get to the automated prompts, there is a 'pay my bill' option. That does not include waiting for a CM. You put in your cc info with your phone keyboard. It's pretty efficient and they tell you how much is left on your bill at the end of the call. It will update immediately in MDE.

The CMs can be vastly different. If one is not being helpful I give up right away.

When you get one that seems like a 30 year veteran it's like winning the Disney lottery.

That has been my experience as well. If you get someone who isn't helpful or doesn't seem to know how to solve your issue, I usually just call back later and get someone who is much more helpful. It appears the skill level and/or interest to help varies wildly.

So this is what happens: if I call Disney, I am promptly sent to a Cast member--there is no option for me to pay by phone without talking to a cast member for my package reservation. I'm not having to wait for a cast member once I do call. I am having to wait multiple times during phone calls for them to find someone in MDE to help me, so my 45 minute call is typically working with a cast member for a solution 40 of those 45 minutes.

And as for rebooking--my dates and resort are no longer available, so I can't rebook without a member of guest services moving my deposit into a new reservation number. This has all happened with me before--and it typically happens if you book with one discount code and then transfer the reservation into another discount code. I just thought by now (5 years later), that Disney would have fixed the problems with the system.

…This has all happened with me before--and it typically happens if you book with one discount code and then transfer the reservation into another discount code. I just thought by now (5 years later), that Disney would have fixed the problems with the system.
Crazy. I’ve done that multiple times and never experienced this nonsense. Don’t even really recall reports to this effect. Wonder if there is a glitch in your MDE? Unless others chime in that this happens to them I’d consider trying for a fresh MDE next trip…

This is why I always book with a travel agent now when going to Disney. If there is a problem or an issue that needs to be resolved I just email my TA and she takes care of everything. No need to figure out the different hoops and loops to jump through. Last trip she saved me almost $1000 by applying a discount that became available. Had I booked myself I wouldn't have even been checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter