What do I need to bring to make coffee??

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
My husband and I aren't coffee drinkers - I don't even know how to make coffee properly without googling it every time I make it for company, but my father in-law is joining us on our trip next week, and he drinks a cup every morning. We're staying in a one bedroom at Bay Lake on points. What do I need to bring so that he can have his coffee? I think he drinks it black, but we'll have milk for the kids in case he wants it. Do I need to bring filters? The actual coffee? I know some of each is provided because I've always seen it in the villas, but the only other time we brought coffee drinkers with us we were staying at OKW on cash, so things like that were replenished daily.

Thanks!!

The in-room brewer will be a full size (10-12 cup) Mr Coffee brewer that takes a basket (flat bottom) filter.

There will be one (maybe two) starter packs of pre-filtered coffee in the room. They will be replaced every 4 days when staying on points. You can purchase more from housekeeping for $6 each.

The resort stores do sell coffee & filters. Ultimately, it would be cheaper to bring it yourself if you can.

The in-room brewer will be a full size (10-12 cup) Mr Coffee brewer that takes a basket (flat bottom) filter.

There will be one (maybe two) starter packs of pre-filtered coffee in the room. They will be replaced every 4 days when staying on points. You can purchase more from housekeeping for $6 each.

The resort stores do sell coffee & filters. Ultimately, it would be cheaper to bring it yourself if you can.

Thanks! I'll add some coffee and a few filters to our luggage :-)

If it's just 1 cup a day, you might just go to the Comtemo Cafe and buy a cup, making a cup in a MR Coffee brewer will be difficult to get the amount of grounds correct.

Last edited:

If your FiL isn't picky about the brand of coffee, I'd just buy a package of the coffee/filter combos, similar to this:

4083791560268439361.png

You can always take the packets out of the box and transport them via a plastic bag. If you go with the combo packets, you don't have to worry about filters and bringing your own coffee, pls they are very easy to use in the coffeemaker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter