What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

I would think you'd have to look up what sailings depart the same day as you. You'd have to look at all ports not just cape canaveral.
That's what I figured too, I just didn't know if there was an easier/faster way to do it that someone else had figured out . . .

This was such a helpful thread, especially that first post! Just completed check in. It opened right on time on the app, but not on my computer browser. (If you have any experience with Disneyland, it's just like how dining reservations sometimes open up in one place earlier than the other, for no rhyme or reason!)

My add-on tips (potentially somewhere in one of the middle pages, but I skipped over the middle chunk of the thread): You also need to know your passport issue date (not just the expiration). The app pulled everything except my issue date from my photo. Also, this only works if the photo is good enough. I figure this is how you might predict if a passport photo will end up rejected. No info was pulled from the first passport photo I uploaded for DD, even though it had for my own; I tried a different photo and that one did pull out the info. So - I guess another tip would be to have a couple photos of each passport just in case.

Maybe this is a dumb question (or one with an obvious answer), but how do you know how many DCL ships are checking in on a given night? (I've got two sailings coming up this year and would like to at least know what I'll be up against, lol.)
Here’s one resource - it lists the fleet sailing schedule by departure date:
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/itineraries/fleet-sailing-schedule/

So, for example, looks like for our upcoming Alaska cruise (6/12 departure) there will be 3 ships checking in.

Just completed check-in, how nerve wracking! It did not come up on the app at all, but did on my computer so I used that. Nothing pulled from my photos into the passport fields. I didn’t even know that was a thing! It didn’t ask me for issue date, only expiration date. But it didn’t just ask for driving - I chose that I would have a car at the port (which I will) and then it asked where I would be driving to so I got a bit stuck with those questions. It took a good 30 min but it really got stuck at the very end when I was trying to pull up the form for printing. With all that, we got group 5 at 11:15am.

Just completed check-in, how nerve wracking! It did not come up on the app at all, but did on my computer so I used that. Nothing pulled from my photos into the passport fields. I didn’t even know that was a thing! It didn’t ask me for issue date, only expiration date. But it didn’t just ask for driving - I chose that I would have a car at the port (which I will) and then it asked where I would be driving to so I got a bit stuck with those questions. It took a good 30 min but it really got stuck at the very end when I was trying to pull up the form for printing. With all that, we got group 5 at 11:15am.
We have been trying for almost an hour now and the app keeps freezing or saying we didn’t complete a section when we did and we have to start the section all over. I think I have uploaded the same photos 10 times. Now trying our laptop and still can’t get in. So frustrating.

We have been trying for almost an hour now and the app keeps freezing or saying we didn’t complete a section when we did and we have to start the section all over. I think I have uploaded the same photos 10 times. Now trying our laptop and still can’t get in. So frustrating.
Oh no, so sorry! I hope you ended up with some success.

I have tried through much of the night. Calling, there is a long queue to the web support due to what has to be a broad issue with check ins.

Yes there are apparently three cruises checking in at the same time. No, that is any reason that Disney IT should not be able to handle this.

Last edited:
I was also trying to check in two staterooms through most of the night. I got one through right away (I think - it says pending review) but could never even get to data input for the 2nd reservation. I just got off the phone with web support and the guy said they know it is an issue and that “Disney IT had been engaged, but they have no eta for a fix”. He said to check back periodically throughout the day to see if it works. 🙄

I was also trying to check in two staterooms through most of the night. I got one through right away (I think - it says pending review) but could never even get to data input for the 2nd reservation. I just got off the phone with web support and the guy said they know it is an issue and that “Disney IT had been engaged, but they have no eta for a fix”. He said to check back periodically throughout the day to see if it works. 🙄
We just got off the phone as well and got the same info. All we can do is “ just keep checking”. We stayed up to check in and midnight tried for an hour, gave up and started trying at 7 am and now just get a spinning circle where nothing even loads. Seems like amateur hour over at Disney IT…

The site is back up and running. We were able to get a port arrival time of 1145 group 8

Just to be clear, is the only reason you stay up at midnight to check in is the PAT? We are taking Disney transportation from MCO and was told we could disregard our registered PAT when checking in. I have 4 rooms so I was wondering if I could check in the next day.

Just to be clear, is the only reason you stay up at midnight to check in is the PAT? We are taking Disney transportation from MCO and was told we could disregard our registered PAT when checking in. I have 4 rooms so I was wondering if I could check in the next day.
Yes - it is the only reason. Used to be that you signed up for activities and did check-in on the same date, which involved a whole different level of strategy. If you don't care about your assigned PAT, there is no reason to stay up though.

I also booked the royal gathering at midnight - even before check-in. It was full when I checked a few hours later.

Do you still have to do the "Safe Passage" now that vaccines are not required?? and do you still need a security photo?
Thanks!!!

I have a cruise on the wish on Feb 20th. I did the online check in on Jan 25th. Its been nearly 3 weeks and it still says my online check in is pending review.

Is this normal? Im a little worried as its getting pretty close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter