WHAT DO I SPEND THE BIG BUCKS ON?

fatgreylady

Mouseketeer
So, for one "special event" during our trip, is it: dinner at O'Hana, Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert party, or Spirit of Aloha dinner? (let's just pretend that everything's back in play by next fall). TIA!

I would do the fireworks/dessert party. I've been to O'Hana a few times & I probably won't go back. A fireworks/dessert party is on my bucket list. The Spirit of Aloha dinner doesn't interest me, but we all have different interests. Best of luck with choosing!

I would do the fireworks/dessert party. I've been to O'Hana a few times & I probably won't go back. A fireworks/dessert party is on my bucket list. The Spirit of Aloha dinner doesn't interest me, but we all have different interests. Best of luck with choosing!
THANK YOU! Yeah, I'm leaning towards the dessert cruise- it's crazy expensive, but if it's that one unforgettable thing...

Assuming fireworks start up again before your trip, I'd recommend either the Ferrytale cruise or dinner at California Grill during fireworks time (they have a great outdoor viewing deck if you don't get a window table). Our VERY favorite, though, while Illuminations was still running, was the private pontoon boat fireworks cruise from Beach Club, and if Epcot gets another equally good show I'd definitely do that.

I definitely prefer the Ohana experience to Spirit of Aloha. We found the food at Spirit of Aloha to be disappointing and while the end of the show was fun, much of it was quite slow. Ohana plus fireworks from the Poly beach is a really lovely night!

We have never done a fireworks cruise, but I do think that sounds like fun too.

I'm just thinking that we'll have energy for the cruise, as it'd be on our "resort day," whereas I'm not sure that we'll have the energy for a late dinner/fireworks party after a whole day in the park.

I definitely prefer the Ohana experience to Spirit of Aloha. We found the food at Spirit of Aloha to be disappointing and while the end of the show was fun, much of it was quite slow. Ohana plus fireworks from the Poly beach is a really lovely night!

We have never done a fireworks cruise, but I do think that sounds like fun too.
[/Q

I'm not sure how much you are willing to spend, but I agree with Cali grill, or maybe even Vicki and Al's. We did the chef's table there years ago and the food was great. I even ate stuff that I wouldn't touch in "real life."

I'm just thinking that we'll have energy for the cruise, as it'd be on our "resort day," whereas I'm not sure that we'll have the energy for a late dinner/fireworks party after a whole day in the park.
Why not do the late dinner/fireworks party on your resort day?

Why not do the late dinner/fireworks party on your resort day?
Well, we could, for sure, but if it's one of the parties in a park, you have to have a ticket/reservation for that park that day, right? So, we could do a resort restaurant/viewing party only...but it's a possibility, for sure!

Well, we could, for sure, but if it's one of the parties in a park, you have to have a ticket/reservation for that park that day, right? So, we could do a resort restaurant/viewing party only...but it's a possibility, for sure!
The Ferrytale party is not in a park; it’s on the ferry boat on Seven Seas Lagoon. So it would work fine for a resort day. The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party would require entering a park. Hopefully they’ll bring one or both or all of your options back in time for your trip!

We love O'hana. But for a special event definitely the dessert party at MK. Yes, it's pricey but my girls LOVED it. If you ask them they prefer the dessert party over eating at the Castle (CRT).

So, for one "special event" during our trip, is it: dinner at O'Hana, Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert party, or Spirit of Aloha dinner? (let's just pretend that everything's back in play by next fall). TIA!
of the 3 I would probably choose the Spirit of Aloha. We did Ohana and it was the meal I was most excited about for our trip and the one that was the biggest let down. The food was fine, but nothing spectacular and the service felt rushed. The dessert party was another - meh. You get so-so desserts and a decent view of fireworks. Spirit of Aloha seems as if it would be the most unique experience to have a meal and a show. Some other considerations might be - dinner at Topolino or or is they bring it back the frozen dessert party. The frozen dessert party was worth the money. You did have a good variety of dessert, assigned seating and a ride after the fireworks.

Add me to the Ohana (it's Hawiian, not Irish) is not a special event crowd.

I've never done the other two - and the only dessert party I have ever found remotely worth it is no more (Rivers of Light).

Personally I'd rather spend the money on something like Keys to the Kingdom or Backstage Magic if they ever start those up again.

The spirit of aloha was one of the most disappointing experiences my family and I have experienced at WDW. The food at Ohana is excellent, but the food at the show was horrible. Disney needs to rewrite the script for the show -- it was also dreadful. The only saving grace of the show was the final act -- the fire breather/acrobat (same guy was in the Lion King Show). He was awesome. Unfortunately, it was only the last 5 minutes or so of the show.

Have eaten at Ohana. Not impressed. (We like California Grill, Narcoossee's, Citricos, in that area better.) Spirit of Aloha once is fine but not a repeat like other shows we have enjoyed. We have been to three different dessert parties and would do another. Each has been different and each would be worth repeating. Have fun no matter what you select.

Assuming fireworks start up again before your trip, I'd recommend either the Ferrytale cruise or dinner at California Grill during fireworks time (they have a great outdoor viewing deck if you don't get a window table). Our VERY favorite, though, while Illuminations was still running, was the private pontoon boat fireworks cruise from Beach Club, and if Epcot gets another equally good show I'd definitely do that.

We did this back in 2004. It was definitely magical.

'Ohana is my family's must do. They are not fireworks fans and not interested in SofA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter