What do mean you didn't go on any rides?

saveaquarter

ready for my fifth trip!
A friend of mine just got back from her trip to Florida, and called tonight to tell me about her (very first!!) Disney experience, knowing how much I love the parks and how into planning my upcoming trip I am. I was excited to hear about this, she's a bit... different, and I knew her perspective on things would be a laugh, but I wasn't quite expecting THIS.

She did zero planning. This I knew, and I've gone to WDW without any planning and still had a great time, but I had been there before, and was with people who knew the parks well. Neither she or the two people she went with had been there before. I asked what she did, and she rattled off a few stage shows, and then told me about the parks themselves.

"Did you brave the Tower of Terror?"

'No. Where is that one again?'

"Hollywood Studios..."

'Oh! That's right. We saw Fantasmic there, but we didn't go on any rides.'

"What? You didn't go on ANY rides?"

'Nope.'

"And nothing in Animal Kingdom either? Not even the safari?"

'No, but I did see the Tree of Life! That was cool. I liked that Bug's Life thing.'

"Oh! Did you see the Muppets 3D show too?"

'There's a Muppets 3D show?'

I'm not even kidding. Isn't that one on the maps? :lmao: Now, I like to do things on the fly at times, but never in my life would I go on a vacation without at least doing some research! Especially to a place like WDW. And especially during spring break! Her summary of the experience? "Oh, I don't know, I expected a little more."

For the record, she did go on a couple rides; Pirates and Haunted Mansion!

That's too bad because there's so much to do. Maybe with the things you told her about, she'll go again and plan on seeing some more things.

I have friends that went last fall & they only went to Epcot. (They were in town for something else, & only had one partial day.) I asked one friend what she thought about World Showcase. She talked about how much shopping there is. I asked if she'd ridden Maelstrom, Norway's ride. She told me there wasn't one. (!) She actually argued with me about it! Then I asked if they went on the boat ride in Mexico. Again, 'there was no boat ride there'. Huh?

I'm with you - do a little research, read some signs, pay attention! You've paid a lot of money to go into these places - get your money's worth. Geesh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter