• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do parents do while your kids are on the Pirate Cruise ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Our two children will be on the Pirate cruise on 6/24.
What do you suggest us, the parents do for an hour ( or 1 1/2 hours) ?
We are not staying at the GF.

Any place for us to walk, see, enjoy a snack at the GF ?

DH and I went for a quiet breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It was so nice to have a meal alone and be able to have a conversation!! Afterwards, we walked over to the beach/pool area and had a soda and enjoyed the sun.

Last year my two DSs (ages at the time of 81/2, and 4 1/2) went on the PC, but my DD (3 1/2) couldn't quite handle the "no mommy" thing, so the two of us took the monorail over to the Poly and had breakfast, then looked around a little. This year since she will have completed her first year of PreK, she feels that she will be big enough to go, so looks like I'll be on my own!!:eek: Not sure what I'll do with myself! Maybe I'll enjoy the pool at the Poly for a while without having to constantly count heads!!:D (Got to try out that new DVC pool-hopping feature!!!)

92 days and counting!!!:D :D :D

Last April 7 yo dd went to Wonderland Tea at GF while 15 month old ds slept. dh and I had 90 minutes of PEACE AND QUIET ~ what did I do ~ I DID THE HAPPY DANCE! I love my kids, but 90 minutes of the 13,000 minutes on vacation was wonderful! We had lunch at GF!

My 5 year old DD is going to the Tea Party in April and i was wondering what we were going to do with ourselves while she was there also.:p

Last month DH and I took monorail to MK and strolled Main St. We went into lots of shops and browsed, met characters in the Expo. Hall, ate chocolate covered strawberries while sitting a bench on MS, rode the TTA to see SM all lit up (it was closed for renovations... pretty cool), listened to the Tomorrow land Band... in other words we relaxed at MK, did stuff our kids wouldn't have the patience to do. It was great!

Last year when DS was on cruise, DH and I ate at 1900 Park Fare for Breakfast. We have great character photos of eachother- It was a blast!!We didn't even have a PS- after breakfast we had time to look around the GF- what a beautiful resort!!

My DH and I plan on sitting by the pool while our three DD's (ages 4, 5,7)enjoy themselves at the Wonderland Tea Party. Even if it's just for one hour - I know we'll enjoy the downtime!
We alos have Hoop Dee Doo reservations at 5pm that same day. Does anyone know if the GF allows you to use the pool after the Wonderland Tea Party ends (we are not staying there).

While our DD 4 is away on the pirate cruise, my wife suggest that we "raise the jolly roger" and "search for burried treasure"! ;^) Unfortuately, out "pirate ship" is docked at the Beach club, which is a long way from the Grand Floridian. It's probably a 1/2 hour bus ride there and back, so at most we will only have about a hour to ourselves.

Perhap we'll save our private adventure for when DD will stay the evening at the more conveniently located Sand Castle club.

I wish we could afford a suite!

-Paul

You can find information on the Children's Adventures at the Grand Floridian here:

PIRATE CRUISE
WONDERLAND TEA PARTY
GREAT ADVENTURE'S IN COOKING

When our kids did the Pirate Cruise last year, my husband and I hopped the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and had a delicious breakfast at Tony's Town Square. Unfortunately Tony's discontinued breakfast so this is no longer an option. :(

If we were to do this again, we might go over to the Polynesian for breakfast at the Kona Cafe, or try the Grand Floridian Cafe. There's also plenty of shops at the Grand Floridian to keep you busy for awhile. :)

Have fun!

Our two boys (10 and 6) are taking the cruise this June. We will be enjoying a nice Massage at the Grand Floridian Spa. Very Nice.

Here's my idea - let me know if it'll work. I had actually thought about "following" the pirates to the other resorts to take pix of them. Is it possible to get to the Poly before they arrive. Don't know how we'd get to the WL but I'd love to check up on them (especially the 3 y.o.) and get some pictures since it'll be my son's birthday. Where else does the boat go? I know we should just sit down and enjoy the quiet but I'd love to see them if possible. So what do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter