What do people who live outside your town come to your town for?

Bird-watching. There are about 25 species of birds that the only place in the United States they can be seen is here. So every year we host the largest Birding Festival in the United States. Yeah, I know-lots of you are rolling your eyes and saying "How thrilling-NOT!!":rolleyes:

A wildlife management area, there are hiking trails, an educational facility and the like. The other thing here is a cider mill that creates some awesome ciders and wine, among other things.

We're a small town of about 12,000 people, there isn't much here, LOL!

Bird-watching. There are about 25 species of birds that the only place in the United States they can be seen is here. So every year we host the largest Birding Festival in the United States. Yeah, I know-lots of you are rolling your eyes and saying "How thrilling-NOT!!":rolleyes:
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag...."

I'll take a birding festival over something like the annual meeting of some fraternity any day.

Last edited:

My tiny spot on the map town nothing.

People visit our county for ...

Graceland
National Civil Rights Museum
Bass Pro Pyramid
the zoo
College and college football
Professional basketball
Beale Street
St. Jude

Two things. Either:

To get drunk and gawk at the adult clubs on Bourbon Street
Or to soak in the vast history and culture of this unique city

There is no in between, and never the twain shall meet.

A pretty big Art Fair in the spring
Apples & Peaches (and other farm fun) at a large local orchard in the summer & fall
A German-themed Christkindlmarkt in December

Liberty Bell, Museum of Art, African American Museum, Reading Terminal Market, Cheesesteaks.

Right now my town has 600,000 airplane enthusiasts for Airventure. The largest civil aviation gathering in the world.

Two things. Either:

To get drunk and gawk at the adult clubs on Bourbon Street
Or to soak in the vast history and culture of this unique city

There is no in between, and never the twain shall meet.
I have both gotten drunk on Bourbon St while encountering several nude women BUT I have also soaked up and absorbed the amazing city that is New Orleans. Maybe I'm an anomaly.

People come here to enjoy our excellent weather and the food. Meteorologists come to study our storms since we have some of the most intense lightning in the country.

I have both gotten drunk on Bourbon St while encountering several nude women BUT I have also soaked up and absorbed the amazing city that is New Orleans. Maybe I'm an anomaly.
That makes you a truly rare breed...the type that typically makes our fair city their home at some point lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter