What do the grandkids call you?

We have a lot going on. My parents were divorced and both remarried. Plus there’s dh’s parents and he had both an adoptive and biological father in his life at the time I had my children.

My mother became a grandparent at 51. She chose Grammy. I think because her sister’s 3 grandchildren call her that and she really liked it. It’s something when all of them are together though…between my two and my cousin’s 3, choruses of “Grammy” ringing out everywhere.

When my mother remarried, my children designated him Papa

My MIL chose Nana when my daughter was born even though my daughter wasn’t her first grandchild. Her other children call her grandma, but my two and her 3 great grandchildren who are close in age to my 2 at her request call her nana. Her husband (dh’s adoptive father) is Grandpa. Dh’s biological father (who passed a couple of years after dh) was granddaddy.

My father was Pawpaw for a long time before my two were born because my sister had children young so that is what my children call him. His wife is Grandma.

My mom was 40 when I had my first and she is Grandma --- <-her first name. My husband's mom is Grandma ----- <-her last name, and my dad's girlfriend/fiance (she has been around since I was pregnant with my second child) is Grandma ---- <-her first name ;) we're very original. They all seemed to want to be called grandma and so we went with it, they usually call them all just grandma when they are the only one around.
My dad is papa, my husband's dad is grandpa.

I have heard Oma, Gigi, and Nana for grandma too. My kids before they could say grandma did use nana/mama (sounded different than when they said mama for me).

My mom is Nanny. When my oldest was born she wanted to be Grammy but he said it as Nanny.

My bio dad is Poppy(no clue how oldest came up with that one) LOL

and my stepdad is(drumroll please) GRUMPY. It is based on his personality and he picked it himself,lol When my mom first started seeing him, the kids didn't know what to call him. So he decided that is what they should call him

BONUS: An aunt refused to have an "old person name" and her grandkids call her "Lovey"

We have lots of young grandparents, DH's mother was 45, my mother was 46 when we had our kids. My husband's parents are "grammy and gramps" my DS1's grandparents are "Mimi and Papa", my parents are "Nana and poppy" Great grandmothers are G.g., Great Grammy and Grandma. Great grandfather is the only Grandpa :thumbsup2

My grandparents were Mema and Papa, and Grandma [last name]. My kids have Grammy and Poppy and Grandma and Grandpa. I've already told my kids I want to be Mema. My SIL's mom is young and she's Gigi.

I am looking for "Grandma and Grandpa" name suggestions. My dd and her dh are planning on starting a family soon:good vibes I want to get a jump start on the name :good vibes
I don't want to be "Granny" or "Grandma" or "Mamaw"…I am a younger (cough, cough) 47 yr old.
Anyway…what do your grandkids call you?
Thanks in advance:thumbsup2

I was 49 when my precious granddaughter was born. My grans call me 'Grammy' and dh 'Grampy'! We love it!

My MiL is MiMi to my youngest, Grandma to my oldest, and Grammy to their cousins. My FiL is Papa to my youngest, Grandpa to my oldest and one set of cousins, and Grumpy to the other set. (But we ALL buy him Grumpy stuff!!!) My Mom was Grammum to my older daughter...she died long before my younger one was born. Older daughter was just married last January, so I am willing to wait for a while for a grandchild, and I have no idea what I want to be called.

My mom is Mimi to the grand kids. I had a student who called her grandmother Gigi for "Gorgeous Grandma". I thought that was cute.

My great grandmother who has passed away was Granny Bunny , her name was Bernice but everyone called her Bunny!!

Faith, Trust, and..PIXIE DUST.

Nana and Papa in our family. I couldn't imagine being called anything else when my time comes.

We didn't get to choose. Our grandson started calling my husband "Pa" when he was 20 months old and it just stuck. I didn't like it at first, but after 20 yrs. it wouldn't seem right any other way! I am called Grandma Pam, except for one day last week my 2 yr. old grandson called me "gram" all day. Then he went back to just grandma.

They do wind up calling you whatever fits. We are Grandmom and pop pop. They call me Grammy, grams, gmom, and for awhile, when the oldest was learning to talk, I was dammaw. Glad that didn't last long.
Pop pop is just pop, or the older ones call him grandpa.
Grandbabies, they make my life complete :) #12 will be here in December. Nine boys, three princesses.

LeeLee - (kids pronunciation of Abuelita ). Also, a friend of mine calls her grandmother "Honey" - which I just love!

My in laws are straight up grandma and grandpa. My mother is nana (born in England) and my dad is Baba (Persian).

My kids call my husband's mom - Lovebug. She wanted to be called nana, but my oldest wouldn't call her that because she wasn't a banana.

They call my parents grammy and grandpa on the hill, my brothers kids call them grammy redhead & grandpa redhead; and they call their grandparents in Florida Grammy and Grandpa with the turtles.

I have a friend who was a young Grandmother. Her daughter jokingly referred to her as Glamar (as in a Glamorous Grandma) the kids now her Glamme & her husband Grumpy :rotfl:

I am looking for "Grandma and Grandpa" name suggestions. My dd and her dh are planning on starting a family soon:good vibes I want to get a jump start on the name :good vibes I don't want to be "Granny" or "Grandma" or "Mamaw"&#133;I am a younger (cough, cough) 47 yr old. Anyway&#133;what do your grandkids call you? Thanks in advance:thumbsup2

I became a grandmother at 45. I'm GRANNA.
I love it!

I'm due to be a first-time grandparent next week. My kids have decided that I will be "GiLee", as they liked Gigi, but my name is Lee, so they customized it for me. I have already grown fond of my new name and like that my kids included my name in it. My husband told the kids that he wants to be Poppy ...... They had no choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter