What do we do first thing when we get on board??

birdmom

ONE BY ONE THE BIRDS TOOK MY SANITY!!!
This is our first trip without the kids, typically we would go right away to the desk and get tickets for meet and greets, with no kids I am not sure what to do. We were unable to get tickets to Pallo, can those still be gotten once on board? Does the spa have an open house or anything? What else do I need to do the first day.....

This is our first trip without the kids, typically we would go right away to the desk and get tickets for meet and greets, with no kids I am not sure what to do. We were unable to get tickets to Pallo, can those still be gotten once on board? Does the spa have an open house or anything? What else do I need to do the first day.....
I like to go to the bathroom. Then, when Cabanas opens, we go there.

Enjoy your cruise!

I also wanted to add its a 5 day cruise, will they still do a galley tours?

1. They have a specific spot in one of the dining rooms where you can book Palo or Remy (not sure what ship you will be on). Just check your navigator when you get to the cruise ship terminal and it will list more info on changing or adding dining, and when/where it will be located.
2. The spa normally does have an open house. Usually someone will take you through. There is also a spa raffle before the emergency drill.
3. I usually go to one of the dining rooms (usually one of the aft dining rooms) for lunch. I find Cabanas to be way to crowded, and that is usually more relaxing to have lunch on the first day.

SMILE :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Sigh - relief that the travel day is behind us and and that you're on the ship!!!

Palo usually has spot reserved to book once you are onboard. Check the navigator that you got during check in in the terminal. In my experience the Palo reservation place would be in one of the lounges. Have had it in Fathoms (Rockin' Bar D) / Azure (Wavebands) or the Promenade Lounge, sometime in The D Lounge (Studio Sea)

and online there have been reports (I've seen it) that if you book Palo dinner on the first night you can book a second dinner later on in the cruise. What that means to me is that it is likely that there will be openings for dinner the first night.

Are you sailing the Wonder out of San Diego. If yes, I would head up to deck 9 and get some lunch in Cabanas (Beach Blanket Buffet) and find a table outside. The weather should be Lovely!!

We have never known them to give galley tours but wish they would, that would be awesome !!

I've been on a galley tour once...in 2015 on the EBTA on the Magic...it was very interesting. got cookies at the end too :)

Spa raffle

Shopping seminar/give aways

Free photo package drawing

Eat

If room ready, unpack carry on bag

Relax till muster drill

I also wanted to add its a 5 day cruise, will they still do a galley tours?
Galley tours are hit or miss. I believe they are mostly on 7 night and longer cruises (when they have them).

They are not a given. You need to check at Guest Services when you first board to see if there is one scheduled. They may just start an "I'm interested" list. And, if there's enough interest (and the Captain and Chef both agree) they will set one up.

They are generally not advertised as being available.

We have never known them to give galley tours but wish they would, that would be awesome !!
We have done the galley tour all 4 times we have sailed with Disney including Oct 2016, I am just not sure if they do it on a 5 day????

Spa raffle

Shopping seminar/give aways

Free photo package drawing

Eat

If room ready, unpack carry on bag

Relax till muster drill

where do i sing up for the shopping and photo package drawing

If there is a shopping seminar, it will probably be in the theatre, but might not be on the Wonder. The time will be listed in the first Navigator.

Photo package drawing will be in Shutters

Also going on our first child-free cruise next month! It's been a while since our last cruise, but I remember getting everyone fed in Cabanas, then checking out the kids' clubs until rooms were ready, then trying to get a little downtime in the room until muster....

This time we plan to take our time in Cabanas, definitely go to the spa raffle, and maybe after muster, stay in our room until dinner!!

I get a tear b/c I'm so happy to be back home.... then I make a beeline for whatever MDR is open for Embarkation lunch!

I get a tear b/c I'm so happy to be back home.... then I make a beeline for whatever MDR is open for Embarkation lunch!
I used to LOVE the MDR buffet lunch. Now that the MDR is a sit down lunch, I REALLY don't like the menu. Not sailing until July 2017, hoping it changes. :(

Thankfully, my wife scouted these board constantly before our first cruise earlier this month. We:
1) had lunch at the restaurant open for sit down service - so nice and very pleasant!
2) had drinks with lunch, because it's vacation!
3) checked at guest services and booked an extra mixology class - totally do this.
4) toured the kids clubs before they go too crowded (you might skip this, although I had a blast in the clubs and got my picture in the Millennium Falcon)
5) delayed signing up for free internet until AFTER we were out of range for LTE (I'm cheap)
6) did our own walking tour of the ship and took pics - lot of selfies with different spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter