• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you always plan to do but never accomplish?

We have yet to see Flights of Wonder - seems like we always get over there just after a show has started and never feel like waiting :). We also always discuss resort hopping - although we've stayed at several, we've never set foot Wilderness Lodge property (planning to check out in June to see the new Geyser Point Bar & Grill). And taking our 16th trip next month and have never gone to a water park....i was too nervous when the kids were little and now I'm still nervous and afraid I'd never get them out of there!!

Dh & I keep bringing up the Wild Africa Trek every time we plan a visit now that dd is old enough. And yet the reservation has never been made.

I also haven't really checked out Animal Kingdom Lodge. Briefly been in, but not explored.

We have considered the Wild Africa Trek as well but the $199 per person price stops me. I can afford it. I'm just too cheap. LOL.

For us it would be mini-golfing and eating at The Plaza. We've never done Tom Sawyer's Island or Swiss family Treehouse, but have zero desire to try it.

Four parks - one day.

When it's the 4 of us it's too much getting everyone on board. Too many opinions. DD11 and I are planning a mother/daughter trip and we WILL do 4 parks 1 day.
Now that you can add Express Transportation to your park hopper, 4 parks in one day will be easy to do.

"Going out to the veterinarian area at AK"
This was the one thing we've been wanting to do. It's only offered on Wed mornings - and we keep meaning to check it out, but were always too lazy to get out early enough, as we're more night owls. But I decided that our upcoming June trip would finally be the one where we get ourselves over there to watch the vets work - only to hear that the area is "closed for refurbishment". Guess it'll have to wait until next time.:sad2:
Be sure to check the schedule. Last time I was at AK they told me the only day they usually DIDN'T do vet procedures was Wednesday. That happened to be the day I went, and I was disappointed! So check the schedule. They sometimes do them at random times of the day, in addition to first thing in the morning. You can ask a cast member at the front of the park to radio over to the vet building to ask for that day's schedule, they're happy to do that for you.

Reactions: shh
Be sure to check the schedule. Last time I was at AK they told me the only day they usually DIDN'T do vet procedures was Wednesday. That happened to be the day I went, and I was disappointed! So check the schedule. They sometimes do them at random times of the day, in addition to first thing in the morning. You can ask a cast member at the front of the park to radio over to the vet building to ask for that day's schedule, they're happy to do that for you.

Too funny - we were just there a few months ago for the holidays and a Disney CM at the vet window said they ONLY do them on wed mornings. I even repeated it back to her to make sure I heard correctly. Then a guest relations CM I emailed confirmed it. :crazy2:

I finally made it to Tom Sawyer Island my last trip. The Barrel Bridge is my new favourite "ride" - ran across it 20 times, giggling like a little kid the whole time! It's now a must-do for me! (yep, I'm weird - and over 40!) :jumping1:

Too funny - we were just there a few months ago for the holidays and a Disney CM at the vet window said they ONLY do them on wed mornings. I even repeated it back to her to make sure I heard correctly. Then a guest relations CM I emailed confirmed it. :crazy2:
Maybe they have changed it since I was there last! It's been a few years. Worth looking into. I may be wrong!

BTW, there's a small stage show at Conservation Station that's really fun. They bring out a variety of animals on stage; I have seen owls, hedgehog, Pocupine, etc. Really informational and fun.

Illuminations, MNSSHP parade, Fantasmic!, really taking my time to enjoy each country in Epcot (my boys don't care at all).

Something we always planned but never did and will never get to see is the Jammin' Jungle Parade.

Ride the Main Street vehicles. We just never find ourselves in that area when they're running, but I want to do them on our next trip.

Kali River Rapids. In 15+ trips since it opened, we have planned to ride it, but then we get there and decide we don't want to get soaked. Just not worth it. Maybe one day...

Kali River Rapids. In 15+ trips since it opened, we have planned to ride it, but then we get there and decide we don't want to get soaked. Just not worth it. Maybe one day...

Our secret for this is having a FP and having this as our last attraction before heading to the resort in the afternoon. In the lockers at the front of the park we have a bag with a change of clothes. As we head out of the park we stop & change in the bathroom. Makes it so much nicer than in the bus a/c soaking wet. :)

Tom Sawyer- I do not think we have been there since 99! We always plan to. In fact, two weeks ago, we headed there and they were closed. I tried!

1) The American Adventure Show
2) Les Artisans des Glaces
3) La Cava del Tequila

Since I make it to WDW 2/3 times a year, I always seem to have the "I'll just do it next time" mindset...

Chefs de France. I make an ADR every single trip but during our trip things get shifted around enough for it to be cut.

Tea at the Grand Floridian and Dine with an Imagineer. I'm going to try to book both of those for our next trip.

Spend an afternoon at the pool, just soaking in the atmosphere. The most we've done is an hour.

I've never ridden Rock N Roller Coaster. The only times I've planned to, I wussed out the first time and then my daughter decided not to ride the second trip (I stood with her since she was 7).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter