What do you do at Grand Cayman?

disneycruisegal

Mouseketeer
We are stopping at Grand Cayman on our trip next April. We would like to know what's everyone's favorite thing to do? Excursions? Shopping? Just walking around? Let me know.

Grand cayman has some really nice snorkeling. If you want more low key the duck boat city tour is fun. Whatever it is we usually stop at the Margaritaville for drinks and light food/apps before heading back to the ship. The margaritaville is really nice there. Keep in mind prices will be in Cayman dollars.

We have been twice now. The first time we did a tour to Hell and the Turtle Farm however DCL no longer offers this. Last year we just went to Margaritaville for a drink and some wi fi. ;) We will be going again next month and plan to do the Tiki Beach excursion.

I just spoke about Cayman with a collegue who went there on vacations a few times and apparently, it's the best beach and snorkeling and super safe.

We have jet skiied twice there, both times without side companies. Truly our favorite port. So pretty and people very nice.

Twice we did Sting Ray City on a small (seemed almost semi private) tour, which included amazing snorkeling, on a Catamaran, which in and of itself made for an awesome day!

We have been twice now. The first time we did a tour to Hell and the Turtle Farm however DCL no longer offers this. Last year we just went to Margaritaville for a drink and some wi fi. ;) We will be going again next month and plan to do the Tiki Beach excursion.
Yes, also have done the tour to Hell and turtle farm in the past. I was sorry to hear that they did I away with it.

We did the excursion that took you to Hell and the Turtle farm. Hell is just a crater in the ground and not too exciting. My parents thought it was funny and bought the Hell merchandise. At the turtle farm they encouraged you to hold a turtle so they can take a picture and sell you the pictures later. I got freaked out by the turtle because I could feel it breathing and I wanted to put it down but the guy wouldn't take it because he wanted his photo. We went in January and the next stop was castaway cay and it was just a little cold and windy. If I did it again I'd do the beach day. It's nice and warm in grand Cayman and if you aren't sure if castaway cay will be warm enough it's good to at least get a beach day in in case.

Stingrays and snorkeling are excellent in Grand Cayman. I also recommend a visit to Margaritaville, it's touristy, but the food and drinks for tasty and they do have free Wi-Fi

We honeymooned in GC. GC has the most beautiful water. Beaches and water is a must. Or definitely get in the water.

We did the Reef and Wreck Snorkel when we were on the Magic a few years ago. We had a great time. The water is so beautiful. After, we went Margariteville for lunch a and then some shopping.

We really like Rackam's. It's a waterfront bar and grill with great views, food, and drinks, and only a couple of blocks from where the tenders dock.

We hired Seven Seas Charters to take our family of four to Stingray City, Coral Gardens and Starfish Beach. We loved every minute of it and it was worth every penny! We arrived at Stingray City well before any other boats. I would not hesitate to hire them again the next time we visit GC. I might skip Stingray City next time because we are all about the snorkeling. I would also look into doing something at Rum Point.

We were at Grand Cayman a few weeks ago on the Fantasy. My family and I (wife and 10 year old son), did the Family Beach Day at Tiki Beach. It was a good excursion, once we took the tender to shore and they gathered everyone together, it was a 5-10 minute walk to the buses. Once on the bus it was a 15-20 minute drive to Tiki Beach. There are beach chairs for everyone and you can rent an umbrella for $10 with a $10 deposit that you get back when you return the umbrella. The beach was nice, smooth sand and pretty calm waters. There is a bathroom area and bar that you can order food from as well (we did not) but others did and food looked good.

Yes, also have done the tour to Hell and turtle farm in the past. I was sorry to hear that they did I away with it.
Through DCL they did away with it. You can still book outside of DCL and book directly. Often times at a discounted rate.

I will say that if you miss the boat. It's up to you to make arrangements if you choose to go on your own with a non DCL arrangement.

It's been a few years but we did an submerged "submarine" tour. It really isn't all the way under, more like your 20,000 leagues under the sea style. It was pretty neat, but a little claustrophobic (if that bothers you). Then we walked to have lunch on the beach somewhere where we could see the Fantasy in the distance. Best $50 i spent for conch fritters and Daquiris! :) Wish i could recall the name but it was not a far walk up from Margaritaville on the beach side. Now i want to go back!

We did the turtle farm on our second visit; first time we snorkeled in the port area over the sunken ship. We did a submarine tour in St. Thomas so haven't bothered to do it again in another location, but it's an interesting excursion regardless of where you are, if you've not done it already. Last time we just stayed on board. Not interested in beaches or shopping, food on board is free so no need to get off and pay and I find tenders annoying. Any future trips to Grand Cayman will also be spent on the ship.

The first time, we did Hell and the Turtle Farm. That was on a different cruise line. Last time, we did Stingray City. I can't recommend that enough. It was so cool to be right up close with the stingrays.

This past Easter, we did a cabana rental at Royal Palms. it's a good place. you don't necessarily need to do the cabana. you can rent an umbrella and chair on beach for like $20, but i liked the table and tent.

We did Stingray City, which I absolutely loved! It was magical having all those stingrays so close. Babies, big honking ones, and tons of tiny fish too!

After Stingray City we did the Dolphin Extreme swim where the dolphin pulls you across the water. This was fun and was on my girlfriends bucket list, I'm not a huge fan of open water, and you can't see through the water at the Dolphin swim which was a bit intimidating. So when you are out there floating waiting for the dolphin to swim up to you I was a tad bit nervous.. I'm glad we did it though just so we can say we did it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter