• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do for living?

Insurance. Pay is good but it is boring. I miss working with kids and making a difference.

I'm actually a few things. I retired early after owning an insurance agency for 27 years to go into ministry and pastor a small church 12 years ago and still there and pastoring. During this time I starting selling cars (yes a pastor and car sales, LOL) to help pay for a couple of WDW trips. It took off so well that I was promoted 4 years ago and am a sales manager at a Honda dealership. So in short I am retired/pastor/auto dealership sales manager.

Used to be a financial analyst. Quit work to raise my boys. They are both grown, but I have never gone back to work. So, I do nothing for a living.

Retired several years, but I worked in a credit reporting bureau before getting married. After our kids were both in school I worked as a video store clerk, church secretary, and waitress.

Banking "back office" in the lending department. I don't handle actual money, it can be described more as being a "paperwork minion".

I have been retired for 14 years, but I was a legal secretary (a/k/a an administrative assistant) for the same company for 36 years.

I have three careers at the moment. My day job is making sure that trucking companies pay the taxes they owe and not a penny more. My secondary job is a world championship level softball umpire. And my tertiary is that I am now a youth hockey referee.

I make sure the products we make get from the mills to their destination, mainly via rail.

Did you see the Nascar driver slam his car into the wall at Martinsville and rocket 5 positions to make it to the "playoffs?" I built the inner absorbing supports in that wall.

Well, technically I did research and development work on it. My daughter and her boyfriend manufactured the wall parts after it went to production.
University of Nebraska? Back to OP question, Electrical Contractor, previously know as Master Electrician.

University of Nebraska? Back to OP question, Electrical Contractor, previously know as Master Electrician.
The piece with the red arrow. It was originally polystyrene sheet foam cut and glued into the shape. We now make that part in a full molded polypropylene part.

They all pranced around with their chest puffed out about getting the Daytona wall last year. Meanwhile I'm thinking of all the 20 years of revenue they missed out on when they dismissed my suggestion of looking into the soft wall technology just after Earnhardt passed.

We also make the underlayment of artificial turf of the majority of all sports fields that have been either built new or redone in the last 15 years.

Brock Paver Base we also produce for Lowes, Home Depot, and Menards. It's the black base in the picture, eliminates several inches worth of gravel and sand base you need.

41ded0ebf69bb3f7fe68c451d81179db.jpg

I am the admissions clerk and admin assistant for the forensic coordinator at a maximm security forensic psych hospital. Like if a grippy socks place and a prison had a baby, thats us. Basically, when someone commits a dangerous felony ie: murder, rape, 1d assault etc, usually as part of the court process they are ordered to undergo a mental exam. We get the court order, I do a whole bunch of stuff and get records on the crime. The Drs do their evals, and I file them with the court. Then if they are incompentent to stand trial, they are admitted here for competency education, which may be meds, therapy, comp education etc. If we can get them competent they return to jail and go to trial. If not and they are found permenantly incompetent or NGRI, then they stay here. I do all the stuff for getting the Drs the info they need to complete the evals and track everything, and file them with the courts and also handle the admission process when they come in, as well as "other duties as assigned" and whatever else I am voluntold to do.

I'm a structural engineer at a consulting firm. We do bridge/tunnel inspection and design work for different government transportation agencies

I teach at a university. I used to teach in an elementary school. Before all that, I was in hotel management. Yep, I'm kind of "old."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter