What do you do if you see misbehaving kids?

codex57

Mouseketeer
On another thread, someone mentioned seeing kids shoving ice cream into baggage waiting to be picked up before disembarking. Or perhaps graffiting?

What would you do? Particularly if they're particularly snotty and ignore any of your verbal commands?

Do you physically restrain them? Just wander off to call security? I mean, normally touching someone else's kid seems wrong, but if they're doing something where you don't have time to wait for a cast member...

Last edited:
I don't physically restrain them. If it isn't your child you don't touch them. I would alert the nearest Cast Member and tell them what is going on or walk down the hall to the phone in the stair areas and call down to guest services.

Do they have cameras in the hallways? That would make me feel a lot better.

To be honest I've been on 3 cruises with Disney and I've never had anyone mess with my luggage. It was probably one of those it could happen but most likely isn't going to happen deals. I believe there may be cameras (I know the elevators have cameras) but that isn't going to stop a kid from being a jerk.

I would not touch another person's child except to save a life.
I have reported kids in the adult areas of the ship and at CC-SB.
Then made sure the CM did something about it.

Last edited:
Years of working in a prison has taught me the value of proximity and an authoritative command. Also I don't tend to get involved unless there is a safety concern. A good scare tends to stop them.

There are no cameras in the hallways, or at least no one pays attention to them if there are. The only evidence of cameras was released after the incident of the CM molesting a child in the elevator was posted. The post you are referring to was most likely referring to the PC repo cruise where a group of teens basically caused as much trouble as they could onboard. They were stupid enough to video what they did in the early morning hours when most people were sleeping and posted them online to brag about the vandalism they were able to do. While they were able to access several bins of luggage left in an elevator hallway on the last night, they didn't actually do anything to the luggage...which honestly surprised me given what they did elsewhere. Sadly, when officers passed them in the hallway they didn't even give the kids a second glance.

On another thread, someone mentioned seeing kids shoving ice cream into baggage waiting to be picked up before disembarking. Or perhaps graffiting?

What would you do? Particularly if they're particularly snotty and ignore any of your verbal commands?

Do you physically restrain them? Just wander off to call security? I mean, normally touching someone else's kid seems wrong, but if they're doing something where you don't have time to wait for a cast member...

Definitely do not touch someone else's kid, regardless of what they are doing. Just point problems out to staff and don't get involved.

There are no cameras in the hallways, or at least no one pays attention to them if there are. The only evidence of cameras was released after the incident of the CM molesting a child in the elevator was posted. The post you are referring to was most likely referring to the PC repo cruise where a group of teens basically caused as much trouble as they could onboard. They were stupid enough to video what they did in the early morning hours when most people were sleeping and posted them online to brag about the vandalism they were able to do. While they were able to access several bins of luggage left in an elevator hallway on the last night, they didn't actually do anything to the luggage...which honestly surprised me given what they did elsewhere. Sadly, when officers passed them in the hallway they didn't even give the kids a second glance.

Hopefully they have to pay for any damage they caused.

Definitely do not touch someone else's kid, regardless of what they are doing. Just point problems out to staff and don't get involved.

Yeah, the more I think about it, people are crazy these days. Hopefully I'll never run into kids like that and if I do, a forceful shout will get them to go away before I even need to go track down a cast member.

Hopefully they have to pay for any damage they caused.

Well, a lot of DISers were disgusted by their behavior and contacted DCL with the links about the concerns we had on future cruises. It didn't take long for DCL to contact the adults and the videos were taken down. There was an apology posted and something about being banned from DCL was going around, but I honestly don't know if that was mentioned in the statement or said elsewhere.

Well, a lot of DISers were disgusted by their behavior and contacted DCL with the links about the concerns we had on future cruises. It didn't take long for DCL to contact the adults and the videos were taken down. There was an apology posted and something about being banned from DCL was going around, but I honestly don't know if that was mentioned in the statement or said elsewhere.

Good. I must have missed all of it. I have been a little depressed since we had to cancel our next cruise so have been away from DCL portion of the dis until this popped up.

Take a picture of them causing the damage and then get a cast member. Do not touch them.

Do they have cameras in the hallways? That would make me feel a lot better.
I was told by the cruise director that there are most definitely cameras in the hallways of the Dream/Fantasy.
I jokingly told him that I "threatened" to do so something if my husband didn't stop a certain behavior that he knows annoys me lol and the CD said, "oh please don't do that!! We have cameras in the hallways and that would be viewed by staff!!"

Last edited:
I was told by the cruise director that there are most definitely cameras in the hallways of the Dream/Fantasy.
I jokingly told him that I "threatened" to do so something if my husband didn't stop a certain behavior that he knows annoys me lol and the CD said, "oh please don't do that!! We have cameras in the hallways and that would be viewed by staff!!"

I read here on the DIS (so it must be true) that when some kids were stealing stuff from fish extenders that they were caught on a security camera in a hallway.

It's not these days. No stranger should ever have been touching another person's child except in a life or death circumstance.

Ice cream and graffiti aren't life or death.

There's a lot of things you should get involved that's not life or death circumstances. you should rephrase that.

We were at Spring A Leak on Castaway Cay and a watched as a father literally chased his around four or five year old daughter telling her to come on for about five minutes-which seemed like a long time and painful to watch as she evaded him laughing and he was getting very agitated. Another very large dad stepped in front of her and caught her shoulder. She stopped immediately and I waited to see what would happen next. Luckily her father thanked him, and carried her out kicking and screaming, much to everyone else's relief. I don't think I would have risked touching her to catch her though! Even with them being right there and obviously needing help, unless the asked for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter