What do you do when you can't decide on a resort

So far we have tried a new resort each time and that makes it fun. We love seeing what each resort has to offer. So far we have done Poly, then WR, and then AKL which has been our favorite. I’d start by seeing which resorts theme most appeals to you and go with that.

Well, I usually only book when there is a significant discount (I qualify for the military discounts, so typically that.)
That usually narrows down my choices quite a bit.

After that, I consider which ones have I not been to yet? I'd like to stay at each resort at least once.

Usually by that time there is only 2 or 3 choices (at most) left. This upcoming trip (just Dh and I in February for his 50th birthday) my two choices that met the above criteria were a 1 bedroom at OKW or a garden view at BC. I originally booked the OKW, but ended up switching to BC because a major part of our trip is to see the Festival of the Arts at Epcot.

I base my decision on location and price. For example, our upcoming trip is during the EP F&G festival, so I know I want to be close to EP. My resort preferences are BCV, BWV, RIV, BC/YC, BWI (in that order). RIV priced out with a great discount and, while I can book BWV or BWI, the discount isn't available and BC/YC/BCV isn't available at all, so RIV it is!!!

I love lots of resorts. I don't think any of them are perfect, though.

I think there's usually a right place for a specific vacation. I would think about your goals:
- will you spend as much time as possible in the parks?
- will you spend more time in one/a few parks, or split your time between them all?
- do you plan on some down time, and so you'd prefer a resort with restaurants/a nice pool/some other feature?
- how many people are traveling? does your party have any mobility needs to consider? are you traveling with a small child?

We also were big fans of split stays for a long time. We would have 3-4 days at, say, a MK hotel. We would plan on one hotel day and use the rest of the time to explore primarily the MK. Then we'd move to an Epcot area hotel and do the same.

Now that we travel with our kiddo, we haven't tried a split stay. It feels much easier to settle somewhere once and keep him in familiar surroundings. That might change again when our family is older, but it's an example of how thinking about your current priorities might help.

I usually recommend that you make a list of things you must have at a hotel in order to have a good trip. For example, do you need a balcony? 24 hour room service? A table serVice restaurant right at your resort? Once you have your list, you should be able to eliminate a lot of the choices. Then from your short list, pick the one whose theme is most interesting to you.

Reactions: TJA
I ask opinions on this forum lol (literally - I did it yesterday:P). I always change resorts at least once after booking. Sometimes it's for budget reasons, sometimes one resort we can get a promo and others we can't, sometimes we change what amenities we think we need. If you give us some info we can help you out though!

All of the resorts are great and they all offer something different. Budget is usually the determining factor for me. Figure out your budget, then research each resort to get a feel for its dining, location, rooms, pools, etc. Pick what appeals to you and try a different one next time! I have stayed all levels from AoA to the GF and I never had a stay that was disappointing... Although when I stayed at the Contemporary I missed the rich theming of many of the other resorts, but I loved the proximity to MK so there is a give and take with all of them.

I've been known to change my mind a few times myself. I guess I start with budget and go from there. Look at availability, how many days our trip is, time of year etc. I love trying new resorts but if the price is right and I've stayed there before and liked it, then that's fine too.

Good so I’m not crazy haha

Looking at deluxe for July. We have 3 boys ages 1, 2 and 9. I’m pretty hooked on the monorail resorts. We stayed at Poly last year and didn’t care for the crowds/noise. But loved the location and transportation options. So I’m trying to decide between CR tower or GF.

Good so I’m not crazy haha

Looking at deluxe for July. We have 3 boys ages 1, 2 and 9. I’m pretty hooked on the monorail resorts. We stayed at Poly last year and didn’t care for the crowds/noise. But loved the location and transportation options. So I’m trying to decide between CR tower or GF.

Pick one with the best discount and always assume that you will be back! That's the key to me - you aren't missing anything because you can always try it next time.

With kids that age, I would go CR. The monorail going through the building is so intriguing for kids.

Definitely recommend a split stay!!!!! I love the change of atmosphere when we switch resorts! Good luck deciding!

For my first visit, I chose WL cos I liked the theming best from the TA brochure. I loved it in real life.
For my second visit, we went back to WL cos it was a christmas trip to help my autistic son get comfortable with christmas (it was his worst time of year)
For our third trip (DDs first trip) We were HOPING to get Poly, but got GF for a really good price. And really missed WL!
SO, now, WL is top of my list for sure. I would have stayed at the Poly if WL was unavailable, but, I probably would have missed WL. It's my WDW home!

We love the contemporary tower theme park view. So tottally magical and iconic. Everything is in one building, plus you can walk to mk and see the fireworks from your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter