What do you do with your hearing aids?

golfgal

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=green>When did vacu
I have been trying to figure out what to do with my hearing aids on the rides. I have a case for regular rides, but I am concerned about water rides. My case isn't waterproof. Does anyone know of a good protective case that is waterproof? My hearing aids cost as much as our Disney vacation so I sure don't want them ruined!

Carry a small ziplock bag with you. Put your hearing aids in your case and the case in the ziplock. That should keep them pretty well protected.

I put them in a Tupperware Midget. One for each. Definately water proof. Or often I just don't bother to wear them at all.

We used the small plasic container that holds 35mm camera films. It worked great and was easy to find and carry. :flower:

Twende, I found that the film canisters leak at times and the lids pop off easily. At the cost for my hearing aids it is not a risk I want to take.

Talking Hands,

Sorry that the containers leaked for you. The wettest we got was on Splacsh Mountain and the containers stayed sealed and closed just fine for us.

I could see where you would need something better for the Water River ride in Animal Kingdom as I think a person could drown on that ride! :eek:

My wife uses a special container designed for beach use and swimming. I don't know what it is called.

It is a hard plastic box on a neck cord. It has a hinged lid with a rubber 'O' ring seal and clamp to keep it shut tight. They are big enough to take a few credit cards (or an annual pass, fastpass tickets and a Disney room key) plus a few dollar bills and small change.

They come in two thicknesses, either three quarter or one and one half inches thick. I understand that they are on sale at all the water parks, though my wife found hers at the store at Beach Club.

This is the only thing my wife carries on vacation.

Andrew

PS, I now have it in front of me... it is 65mm x 110mm x 32 mm overall with the web address www.witzprod.com engraved on the bottom.

PPS. I have just taken a look at the WITZ website. My wife's 'water safe' (I now know what it is called) is only one in a substantial range of waterproof containers designed apparently for surfers. I am sure you will find what you want there. ...and you can order over the internet too.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter