What do *you* do with your Pins?

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
I have been in the process of re-organizing my room lately because I just have no space, but that's all changing and I'm finally starting to get the chance to display all of the random things that I have, Disney and non-Disney. One thing I'm curious about: what do you do with yous pins when you get home? I guess this refers to more casual collectors, lol. Do you leave them on your lanyards laying around (like some of my friends do) or do you display yours at all? Mine have all been hiding out in a special Disney box that I made since I had nowhere else for them yet and I have no idea what to do with them. I love them and want to see them more, but I don't know how I should display the ones that I don't plan on taking with me to possibly trade.

Ours are still on our lanyards and I keep saying I want to make each of us a shadow box so we can display them, but like usual I never get around to it! just an idea!

I bought two shadow boxes at World of Disney to display my teacups pin collection. They hang above my desk and I absolutely love having them there. The shadow boxes were $32.95 each. Not the best pic, but you get the idea! :goodvibes

disney.jpg

I bought two shadow boxes at World of Disney to display my teacups pin collection. They hang above my desk and I absolutely love having them there. The shadow boxes were $32.95 each. Not the best pic, but you get the idea! :goodvibes

disney.jpg

That's adorable!! And a good idea. I'll probably see if my dad can make me a shadow box though. Sometimes it comes in handy having a few woodworkers in the family.

I have 2 lanyards. One with pins I can take to the parks and another of dup pins or too heavy pins. They're hanging off a shelf in my room!

I put black cross stitch cloth in an embroidery hoop and stick my pins through that. I saw that idea on here. It is hanging next to my computer. This makes it easy to see what I have and pick which one to wear to work. I'm a pre-k teacher so I wear a different one every week on my whistle/key lanyard depending on the letter we are learning. I have many different pins, not just Disney, but the Disney ones are my favorite. I like that I have somewhere to wear them in everyday life and the kids like to see what pins I'm wearing now. :lovestruc

I put black cross stitch cloth in an embroidery hoop and stick my pins through that. I saw that idea on here. It is hanging next to my computer. This makes it easy to see what I have and pick which one to wear to work. I'm a pre-k teacher so I wear a different one every week on my whistle/key lanyard depending on the letter we are learning. I have many different pins, not just Disney, but the Disney ones are my favorite. I like that I have somewhere to wear them in everyday life and the kids like to see what pins I'm wearing now. :lovestruc

What a cute idea! I bet the kids love seeing what pins you are wearing!

I have 2 lanyards. One with pins I can take to the parks and another of dup pins or too heavy pins. They're hanging off a shelf in my room!

That's where my pins currently are that I have to remember to take with me in July - for all intents and purposes they are my "to be traded" lanyards, lol. And when the time comes they will make their way into my camera bag so I don't forget them.

Aw, that is so neat about wearing one to to work based on what you are teaching. I would have loved it if my Pre-K teacher had done that. Heck, I would love it if anyone I know did that period - even today!

I do like that idea as well. I wonder if my mom has any cross-stitch cloth and embroidery hoops I can borrow seeing as she hasn't touched that stuff in a while ... maybe she wont notice it's missing until she starts making me my next Disney cross-stitch :rolleyes1

We have cork boards, just push them onto the cork and you're good to go. :) We keep the backs in a big Ziploc bag, just in case. :) We also have some framed sets, I have my 2 lanyards hanging from my Tink corkboard, 1 lanyard is all Pirates, the other is my trader/keeper lanyard, it's mostly empty from our last trip. I also have a pin book that I keep quite a few pins in. I'm actually considering a pin project too, I'm thinking of going to the Aaron Brothers store and getting some canvas, painting the canvas with Mickey heads or something like that and then sticking the pins on the canvas. Not sure how that will work but thought it might be fun to try. :)

disney.jpg

:dance3: I have a pin book, but my lanyards are usually live in my car. I meant to transfer those pins to the pin book for ages.

I don't take mine to parkes mine are for displying pins I enjoy and personalizing the lynard that I keep my thumb drive on so I don't forget it at school

At the Dollar Tree they have these sheets of foam. Thin sheets, used for scrapbooking and crafts. We put our pins on them, and then into a large zipper bag. From there, they go into a box. Our lanyards are also kept in a separate ziploc bag. I think we have at least 8 foam sheets full of pins, probably more. LOL

Before our trip, we will go through the pins and choose the ones that we want to put on our lanyards.

IMG_8821.jpg

IMG_8822.jpg

Oh my goodness - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shadowbox idea! I have three lanyards - each from a different trip - hanging from a picture frame in my room. I have a year pin on each. I really like having them out where I can see them and recall a memory from the trips each time I walk by. When we were @ WDW in January I saw a framed picture with pins that said "Walt Disney World" with pins specialized in the shape of each of those letters. I LOVED it - but the pins didn't have meaning to me. So, seeing the shadowbox idea, I now have a plan!

I am going to look for a Disney shadow box when we go to DL - OR - get one for cheaper at Michaels. Then, I will try to make a "08" with my pins from that year out of my pins. Then an "09" with my pins from there, and so on. Then I have something similar to what I saw at WDW, but made from the pins that I collected that had meaning to me.

I can't wait to start this project. THANKS for the thread, OP! I will try and post a picture when I'm done!

I love all the pin ideas! We have collected lots of the Disney baseballs and I would really love to get a display case to put them in.

The ideas on here are amazing. I'm just getting in to collecting Disney pins and would love to display them upon returning home. I love the corkboard idea. I think that will be the one I choose to use. :) Thanks for creating this thread.

I love all the ideas everyone posted! Now if only I could figure out what I'm going to do, lol! The shadow box will probably be my best bet.

I have a small cork board that I have my pins on; my DH has several large cork boards for his pins. We keep them in our "rumpus room!" They're too heavy to hang on the wall, so we just have them leaned up against the walls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter