What do you give out for Halloween?

We bought two bags, one chocolate and the other were a gummy mix. We put out the gummy mix (SweeTARTS Mini Chewy, Big Chewy Nerds, Black Forest Gummy Bears, Laffy Taffy), but we didn't have very many trick or treaters. So we didn't get to open the chocolate bag. We live off a main street so the trick or treaters tend to skip us and go there instead.

We'll be donating whatever is left.

Had probably 100 kids, a lot of costumed adults and a few costumed pets. We gave out all but a couple pounds. Taking it to church cause we can't have that much in the house.

We always do snacks instead of candy. This year we had an assortment of chips, pretzels, cheese balls, cookie packages and fruit snacks plus about 60 little bottles of Powerade we put out towards the end of the night when kids are starting to get thirsty. We bought enough for 475 and ended up with 400 so we did pretty good this year. My 19 year old was over visiting so I sent most of the leftovers home with him.

Was ready for trick or treaters by 6:00. First one showed up at 6:45. Very sporadic until about 7:30. Finally turned off light and brought in decorations at 8:30.

Had about 25-30 kids. This year all were less than 8-9 years old. No big kids.

We always do snacks instead of candy. This year we had an assortment of chips, pretzels, cheese balls, cookie packages and fruit snacks plus about 60 little bottles of Powerade we put out towards the end of the night when kids are starting to get thirsty. We bought enough for 475 and ended up with 400 so we did pretty good this year. My 19 year old was over visiting so I sent most of the leftovers home with him.

A cheese ball? Like the ones you put out as appetizers with crackers? I’m so confused.

I live in Celebration next to WDW and Halloween night here was insane !
I left the GF after their resort party for children and normally a 5 minute drive took me over one hour.
And abandoned the easy way home down World Drive to go a different way and still stuck on 417 toll road exit ramp forever . People were actually allowing their kids to get out of the car on the hiway to walk down the exit ramp so the cars could just get back on the hiway to go home . So dangerous in the dark
Helicopters flying overhead for the local news probably. I still have no idea what was going on in Celebration but we joked it was worse than any traffic jam on Disney property and worse than the Las Vegas Strip!

Anyway I just discovered the silliest individual bag of Scoobie Snacks. . Chocolate graham flavor and cinnamon flavors and they are shaped like a doggie bone cookie for adults.
For some reason they are so fun to eat and good .
I worry the kids might think they are for their puppy dogs when they discover them in their trick treat bags.
I also always have the plain chocolate M&Ms snack size chocolate / No nuts, etc…bags to give to the younger children for safety .

Does anybody still search for those safety pops that were designed on a loop instead of a stick?

And I am so ***** Ed with Brachs Candy Company cause ….Every year I search everywhere for the individual size candy corn snack bags.
And every year I have to special order them… There is one off-
brand that I can sometimes find but they taste terrible.
I think Brachs Candy should stArt including these in the Halloween mixture bags along with chocate snack size selections. etc.
They sell bags and bags of candy corn that end of the shelf’s for clearance I guess. The individual size allows them to remain fresh when I open them cause they get stale really fast if opened.
Anyaway I am mad at Brachs Candy and give up with searching every year!

I can live without candy corn at Halloween from now on ?
Sorry Brachs Candy Company…

Last edited:
I get minimum 300 kids
I buy 3 huge bags candy l
I get choc and chewy
What I’ve found
Kids want chewy
They want
Lemonheads
Nerds
Starbursts
They want that over choc year after year
For choc / this year popular item shockingly one of my favorites
Almond Joy !!
Snickers - nope
Milky Way - so so
Reese’s - yes !
York Mint - yes
But over and over they went for non choc until it was gone
I had two huge buckets - one choc one chewy - I allowed the kids to pick - the chewy ran out after an hour
I had very little choc left at 8;30 when it died down
It looked like all the kids were having a great time - so nicer for them !!! Heard a lot of good jokes !!

We became a full size candy bar family this year. We were doing pretty well and then all the power went out for 10 blocks so that was the end of trick or treating for my neighborhood. The power was out until 9:30.

I went through eight 10oz bags of chocolate candy bars in an hour and a half. Figured I had around 130 kids.

My husband said prior to the kids coming "we should give out the big bars." Yeah I'm not spending $150 on candy. That just seems extra. :rotfl:

My neighborhood is a ToT dead zone. There's another set of streets further up the road which draw tons of activity.
Too many families just drive their minivans door to door instead of walking, traffic gets to be insane.

My neighborhood is a ToT dead zone. There's another set of streets further up the road which draw tons of activity.
Too many families just drive their minivans door to door instead of walking, traffic gets to be insane.
I noticed the door to door minivan process in the small town near me as well. Also add some tractors and golf carts and you get the traffic jamming mess that it becomes. I'm honestly surprised there aren't more accidents and injuries during the mess.

We also became a full size bar family this year. Every year I’d give two fun size bars out to each kid so it seemed silly to spend the $ on extra bags of smaller candy. And the kids get a kick out of seeing the big bars. We got lots of “Ooooh’s.” 😂 It was the Hershey mix-Regular bars and with almonds, Kit-Kats and Reese’s. We also threw in packs of Oreos. We ended up supplementing with two more bags of the fun size stuff when I got nervous that we’d run out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter