• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you leave in the stroller?

Lstockma

Earning My Ears
I have been to Disney World as a child and adult, but I am going for the first time with my own children. I have questions about what most people leave in the stoller when they go on rides. I have bought a cross-body bag to keep our valuables in, but can I leave other diaper-bag items in the basket? I plan to have a small backpack/cooler to keep the baby's bottles in and diapers, etc.? Do I need to worry about someone taking a bag like that?

I have been to Disney World as a child and adult, but I am going for the first time with my own children. I have questions about what most people leave in the stoller when they go on rides. I have bought a cross-body bag to keep our valuables in, but can I leave other diaper-bag items in the basket? I plan to have a small backpack/cooler to keep the baby's bottles in and diapers, etc.? Do I need to worry about someone taking a bag like that?

Honestly, I'm slightly neurotic and never left anything in our stroller during our last trip. We brought a backpack to keep out daughter's things in. It was big enough for her bottle cooler, diapers, wipes, pad, etc. My husband wore the backpack all day and would just take it on the rides with us. I've seen people leave bags and other items with their stroller, but I just didn't feel right doing that. Maybe it's because we had to deal with stroller theft before at Disneyland. I just don't like taking that chance.

We take important stuff with us: IDs, room keys, cameras, money, etc. Everything else stays in the stroller. Our diaper bag generally has diapers, wipes, extra clothes, and snacks in it. That's all easily replaced if something were to happen. Have a great trip! :)

I have also left the diaper bag in the stroller. Ours is a back pack one, and we have a large basket in our stroller, so we also leave some cans of soda and bottled water in the basket.
We also keep a sippy cup for my DS and any small items we might buy during the day.

We tend to leave diapers, a changes of clothes for the small ones, snacks and drinks in the stroller. I won't leave anything that I would be upset about being stolen, but generally all of the above are unlikely to be taken, and honestly if someone really wants that snack bag of pretzels that badly it isn't going to bother me.

We went twice with a diaper bag and left it in the stroller both times.

This time we won't have a "diaper" bag, but will leave our drinks, change of clothes, snacks etc in a bag in the stroller while on rides/attractions.

I hooked the bag to the stroller and kept it on the seat. I figured that way someone would surely notice it wasn't their stroller before plopping their kid in our stroller. If the bag is underneath, and the stroller looks like theirs they could be across the park before they realize their mistake.

On four trips we have left all non-essentials on the stroller (Sweatshirts, ponchos, popcorn buckets, souvenirs, etc) and have never had anything taken. Just don't leave anything valuable/irreplacable and you should be fine.

On four trips we have left all non-essentials on the stroller (Sweatshirts, ponchos, popcorn buckets, souvenirs, etc) and have never had anything taken. Just don't leave anything valuable/irreplacable and you should be fine.

We did the same while Mia was young enough to need a stroller. I do like the idea of hooking the bag to the stroller and leaving the bag (or something else identifiable) in the seat.

We never left anything other than park maps, some napkins and a container of wipes in the stroller. My nephew had his autograph book stolen out of their stroller once and we had a bottle of water stolen. The bottle of water made me think twice about drinking any of the remaining waters - never know.

I leave nothing...*mayyyyybe* a bottle of water that I've already had a drink out of.

I leave nothing.

We've had things taken from our stroller twice now at DLR, and even if things are cheap or replaced, it hurts your heart to know that someone was rummaging through your stuff.

Nothing gets left.

Whatever you do, don't leave out food! I've seen many, many strollers parked with birds up on the tray eating cheerios/crackers/etc.

I leave nothing.

We've had things taken from our stroller twice now at DLR, and even if things are cheap or replaced, it hurts your heart to know that someone was rummaging through your stuff.

Nothing gets left.

I have been in this exact position at DLR. It's an awful feeling. I just cannot imagine having that happen again, so we take everything with us.

Easiest rule of thumb... don't leave anything behind that you would be upset if it were gone.

The deeper into our trip we get the more comfortable I am leaving things in the stroller. It surprised me last time how attended the stroller lots seemed to be. That said it's really just goldfish crackers and diapering gear which doesn't fetch much on the black market.

Thanks for the advice. We are staying on the monorail, so I can load up the stroller and roll it onto the monorail, right? I'm assuming if people just see diapers, wipes, etc, they are less likely to get taken then when they are packed in a cute diper bag. I was thinking about bringing big ziplock bags of stuff, but not if I keep having to unpack and collapse the stroller. I am taking a full-size stroller for the baby so he can nap.

Thanks for the advice. We are staying on the monorail, so I can load up the stroller and roll it onto the monorail, right? I'm assuming if people just see diapers, wipes, etc, they are less likely to get taken then when they are packed in a cute diper bag. I was thinking about bringing big ziplock bags of stuff, but not if I keep having to unpack and collapse the stroller. I am taking a full-size stroller for the baby so he can nap.

Yes you can! You can pull it right on the monorail w/o breaking it down.

I've known some people to melt a chocolate bar in a diaper and leave it in the stroller as a deterrant... all depends on you.

I'm taking our double jogger for the same reason. We have a sit n stand that I love :love:, but now that the kids are bigger and we have the back seat out, it's not worth taking it. The jogger is a monster, but it reclines pretty far. Totally worth the hassle to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter