What Do You Like Better Now Than Before COVID?

gardenrooms

Mouseketeer
With all the disappointments that people are experiencing these days and with how much more complicated it is to plan a trip to WDW or DL, what do people like BETTER now? I would love to be able to focus on the bright spots. We have really liked the Cavalcades we have seen at both resorts (but love having the "Meet and Greets" back too!). And some people have been a bit friendlier and more patient because they are just so thrilled to be able to be back in the parks (I know, some have become just the opposite, but I try to ignore them lol!).

Fort Wilderness is still an awesome resort to stay at. :thumbsup2

As for the parks, they're headed downhill with lean staffing (due to reservations), declining by degrees, skinny dining, paying for FastPass, and inflation all around. I can flex and adjust but wish I didn't have to.

Can't think of anything else. :confused3

Bama Ed

Our first trip was December 2020 and I have to say we loved it so much we are going back this October/November.

I loved not having to deal with FastPass and we aren’t using Genie+ because DS is on DAS. FastPass and G+ sound stressful to me.

Also, the app makes everything super easy and I love how everything is linked. I like it better than the keycard we had on our DCL.

lol I'm 74 and had to learn soooo many new things as a teacher to do distance teaching that first spring - my friends and I were all up till 3am every night getting our lessons ready ugh! - that mastering new tech, namely the app, is very unappealing so I have put it off, but I guess it's worth it so I'd better just do it! Sadly we missed any reduced capacity (had that pre-COVID - took an impromptu trip to DL the summer before because crowds were low - just said let's go! - miss being able to do that - now our passes have so many block-outs, too).

I guess the cavalcades. I'm not a big daytime parade fan so the cavalcades are less disruptive than a full parade. But honestly, this probably isn't the best way to fish for positivity. By any objective standard, the worse is going to outnumber the better in this comparison and by a huge margin.

I loved the calvacades and was sad to see them go in Epcot. I miss hearing the music start and then searching to find the calvacade, so we could wave at the characters. It oddly seemed so much more personal - I have so many photos and videos of face characters looking directly or waving at us. I enjoy mobile order and mobile checkout, so I’m glad those are sticking around.

The main positives are that the parks are largely unchanged from before the shutdown. If you can ignore the minor changes and negative attitudes of some guests you can see that disney world is pretty much the same as is always was. I’ve taken several week long trips to the parks since November 2020 and the majority of what makes the parks special is still there.

The cast members are still great. The attractions are still great. The food is still interesting and good. You still get the special feelings walking around the parks. There are still many attractions that you can’t do anywhere else. The resorts are pretty much unchanged. Your memories are still there.

Some things are different in the parks than pre 2020, but overall things are much more similar in Disney to how they used to be than they are in the outside world.

I think one key positive that gets overlooked is that you actually have the ability to get a lightning lane for a popular attraction the same day. In the before times if you didn’t book slinky dog or flight of passage 63+ days out, you probably didn’t get a fast pass. Now you at least have a chance at it the same day.

Mobile checkout is great. Using it at Creations shop or the Emporium can save a lot of time in line.

There is a lot we like. Individual Lightning Lanes, Genie+, lower crowds at the Halloween Party, mobile food ordering and full service restauranats that do To Go Orders.

Mobile Ordering was convenient.

I'm probably in the minority, but I found Lightning Lanes worked well. With FastPass+, we were only able to book 3 of them. By the time we used our last one, there was nothing really left. With Lightning Lane, we got many of them throughout the day. Went at low crowd time so perhaps it wouldn't' have been the same if we were a few weeks early in the middle of summer.
(Didn't like having to pay additional though for Individual Lightning Lane as that added up quickly)

Love this thread!

I enjoy Genie +, I don’t love paying for it, but I like that it’s day of and not booking 60 days out for FP. I like the random characters out, Pooh is still our catching butterfly’s! I also love mobile ordering, I have a love hate with 60 days ADR but mostly love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter