What do you like to do at Lake Tahoe?

gtrain219

Gotta have my DVC
My aunt is being so kind and letting my family use her timeshare at Tahoe in June (It's at Incline Village). It has been about 15 years since I have been there last and we are trying to decide what to do. What do you like to do at Tahoe or what have you done that was fun?

Not sure of the ages of your party, but a ride across the lake on the M.S. Dixie paddlewheel is a lot of fun. Also, we were there in July a few years back and my kids braved the water and swam in the cold mountain water. We had family friends to visit while we were there, so spent time with them. We did dine al fresco and enjoyed the clean mountain air.

Ha! I was going to suggest the M.S. Dixie too :) We loved it when we were kids. You can also rent rafts and do a ride down the Truckee river. The river is very mellow (so you don't need to worry about big rapids). I don't know what the river will be like this year since we aren't getting enough snow or rain, but it is a fun activity. I can't remember how much the boat rentals are currently, but you get a boat, paddles and life vests and they pick you up at the end of the ride down the river and bring you back to the parking lot. Pack a lunch and stop to eat along the way and let your kids swim- it can be lots of fun! There are also sooo many beautiful hiking trails (Eagle lake is beautiful, the rubicon trail is beautiful- if you are interested, let me know your hiking level and I could recommend some good ones). The Taylor Creek area is a great place to walk with little kids. You can walk a little path and learn about plants, animals and go through an "underground" viewing area where you can see the creek and the fish. It is also right near the Mt. Tallac historic site which is fun to walk around and learn about the history of Lake Tahoe.

Have fun! If anything just enjoy the beaches- walk, shop, and eat good food :banana:

Go deep water fishing
Horse back riding at Zephyr Cove or Camp Richardson
Zip Line Ride at Heavenly is supposed to be the ultimate rush ride
The Gondola's out of S. Shore to the Heavenly peak is so beautiful, you can see for miles.
Parasailing out over the lake
I also highly recommend the M.S. Dixie ride that goes to Emerald Bay
A drive to Vikingsholm is interesting, the house is quite unique
Come into Reno and take a Kayak lesson in downtown Reno at the Kayak park on the Truckee River
Rent a sail boat, bikes etc. Lots of outdoor activites that time of year.
Kings Beach and Sand Harbor are both close to Incline

Happy Planning

Thanks for the responces. I should have mentioned my kid's age. we have DD (5) DS (3) and DD (10 months). So that does take some things off the table, but we are having some older adult family members come and stay with us for a while. We did want to do some things on the lake, besides swimming. I've never been parasailing so that might be fun. I googled the m.s dixie and that looks like fun too.

Oh how I miss summer at Tahoe. When I lived in Reno, I used to beg to take every trip they had to work on computers up at the Incline offices. I think summer at Tahoe is some of the best weather anywhere. Sometimes I regret moving to Orlando. :eek:

Keep in mind this is a cold water lake because it is so deep. Which is why it is also so beautiful because algae needs warmer water to survive.

The water temperature near the surface generally cools to 40 to 50oF (4.5 to 10oC) during February and March and warms to 65 to 70oF (18 to 21oC) during August and September. Below a depth of 600 to 700 ft (183 to 213 m), the water temperature remains a constant 39oF (4.0oC).

Definitely go out to Emerald Bay it is a nice swimming area with beautiful views.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=506

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter