What do you like to do on your arrival day?

For this trip, our flight lands at 9:15am, so we are planning to check in at the Poly and then head over to MK for a full day at the park!

On our last trip when we got in late afternoon, we st checked in, did dinner at 1900 Park Fare, then watched Wishes from the beach and took the boat around the lagoon during the electric water pageant. That was a GREAT way to start our trip. My girls were in HEAVEN.

We normally get to the resort by 1 - 2 pm. We live to spend the afternoon at DTD then get back to the resort to spend sometime at the pool. And get ready for the next day.

Last year we just hung out at the reosrt and then had dinner at Chef Mickeys. Next week:cool1: we arrive at MCO at 9:30am so we will take ME to resort, check in, have lunch, hang at the pool, rest if room is ready and go to MK for QS dinner and watch wishes!!! We are getting so excited:dance3:

We usually unpack.Eat lunch. Get liquor, snacks & a case of water(taxi ride). Then we check out the reort. We head to the Flying Fish for dinner at the Boardwalk and then if time permits, we stroll over to Epcot for a short time & catch the fireworks.

After the check-in grocery routine...

We always hit Epcot the first day. We like to work our way up to MK, since it's the kids' favorite. We always start with Nemo since it is nice and easy to warm them back up to rides. Then we wander around at a comfortable pace, checking out anything that catches their attention.

The next few days have rigid schedules and it is nice to just get into the spirit first. Epcot always has things to do without a wait at the time of year we go, so an afternoon arrival (skipping Soarin and TT) is just right.

We'll be driving over from a 2 day stay at Universal in the late afternoon. After we check in to AKL, we'll look around the resort for awhile, and then head to DTD. We always eat at Wolfgang Puck Express the first night and sit outside. Then we wander around Downtown Disney and head back when we're tired.
We like our first day in the parks to be a full day that starts at rope drop.

I can't imagine arriving at the most wonderful place on earth and asking my little ones to nap. Last trip and this trip we head straight to Magic Kingdom. Nothing too rushed and nothing too late but we have to see the castle, walk down Main Street, do some of the low key rides.
This year we will have dinner at Chef Mickey's. I'm a little worried it may be too much but we will be heading to bed after.

After we get in planning on putting the kids down for a nap at the resort... going to get groceries... and than thinking of either going to dtd or epcot for dinner, or staying at the resort and cooking dinner there (we have a timeshare). I dont want to burn out my little ones too quick so I wonder if we should just stay at the resort and put them to bed early. Any suggestions?

we use garden grocer for any water or whatever we need and we arrive around 10 AM at the resort and if happens a room ready then we get settled and then go get something to eat in food court and then head to DTD and walk around until dinner time and go to Rain Forest and back to resort and rest and get to bed early and hit MK birght and early the next day:thumbsup2

We have the same tradition every year. We check in at the hotel, change clothes if necessary (we usually travel in November; so its cold here and warm in Fla), grab lunch at the food court and then head to MK. We need to see the castle and get a quick dose of Pixie Dust!!! :thumbsup2 God, i can't wait to go again!

Doug

Depends on where we stay. We usually check in early afternoon, then head to whichever park is closest for a couple hours, then we always have an ADR someplace cool for the first night. This trip it will be California Grill for some sushi and Wishes action.

We usually drive down the night before and stay offsite (using hotel points)
then check in early and hit EPCOT (last year we did kidcot)

This year we are driving down earlier the day before - going to do putt putt and dinner - stay offsite, then check in and hit EPCOT ws and do kim possible missions

I drive all night Saturday night and arrive at the hotel Sunday afternoon. I usually catch up on my sleep while DD and DW swim. We hit the parks bright and early Monday morning.

We did something different each time depending on what time of day it is, how many days we are staying, etc.

We always arrive by 10am, the plan is to get checked in, grocery shop, freshen up, then Epcot or MK by early evening. But it all hinges on room being ready.

We are surprising DS4 and DD6 in (yikes!) 12 DAYS!!!:yay: We have a 3 hour drive that morning to the airport where we will surprise them again when we meet up with my parents and my inlaws who are all joining us in the fun. Then we have a 3 hour flight. So much excitement before we even make it to the World.

Anyway, we will probably keep things laid back when we get there like we did for the kids first trip last year. We won't check in til around 3 and the kids will def. want to hit the pool. We will do some swimming, get settled in, have some dinner then hit the hay early. I'm sure we will all be tired after the long day of travel. We will all be up bright and early to be at MK for opening. I think that watching the train pull in and walking down Main Street makes an awesome start to our first in park day.

We will be heading over from Sea World in the morning. We most likely unpack and settle in, while the girls head to the grocery store for supplies. Then probably head to Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. If not then most likely head to the pool for an afternoon swim :thumbsup2

I love these arrival day threads too! For us it sometimes depends on where we stay. Usually, we arrive, settle in, get the "lay of the land" around the resort, and then head to DTD Westside and Raglan Road to kick off the trip with a Daulkey Duo and a beer flight. Then we walk around DTD, head back to the resort to relax and call it an early night so we can hit the ground running the next day.

When we stayed at VWL a year ago, we headed to the Territory Lounge after we settled in to get a cocktail and a few "apps" to start our trip. It was Halloween so we enjoyed seeing all the families in their costumes heading over to MK for the party. Then we picked up a few "sundries" from the Mercantile and headed back to the villa for an early bedtime.

Next trip, we may kick it off with a little "Monorail Crawl". Who knows? :thumbsup2 Are you seeing a theme here? :rolleyes1

We seem to arrive mid afternoon each time, so we check in, then take the boat to Downtown (we've always been at POFQ, and now POR) - eat a quick meal, do a bit of shopping, then head to MK (has to be the first park of each trip!).

This year it will be the same followed by meeting DISers at POR that night - yay!

We always book an early flight so we arrive in FL around 10am. So once we get to the hotel we ck in, grab lunch, unpack and tradition is always MK for dinner and the evening. MK is our favorite park and it sets the mood for the whole week by going there first, to us MK is the heart of WDW!!:yay:

Last trip(our first as a family), our marathon flight got in at midnight. Next day we were up early. I think we even caught the opening show at MK.
On Feb 7 we arrive at around 7AM so we won't be able to check in to the room. I think we might be a little to tired to hit the parks. Our plane trip is more than sixteen hours start to finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter