• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you love at the Community Halls?

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
Weve only stopped into a community hall on one trip (BLT) a few years ago. Staying at Saratoga next week for a resort only trip so we’re thinking we will check it out. Any favorite activities? Do they have games to borrow/rent?

We haven't been to the Community Hall at SSR for a few years but they used to have games. When my sons were young, they used to love painting ceramics there. I still have some of their work at home. The Community Hall at SSR was always one of the best. It is a large space and the CM's are very friendly and helpful.

We have rented movies (which is especially great if you happen to have a kid get sick during vacation) and the kids enjoy pin trading and there is usually a pin board. They also offer activities which vary by resort...I know we once tie dyed Mickey shirts at the community hall at BLT for a fee after we missed the activity at the pool. I don't know about rental games, but they have games to play in the community hall. We have also done some arts and crafts projects there beyond just coloring books. I think it's worth checking out if you have a little down time and you could ask the cast members if there are any upcoming activities worth checking out.

We haven’t stayed at SS but stay at OKW. My adult disabled daughter and her best friend who always comes with us love the comm room there as well as the kids activities around the pool. There are variety of activities like tie die shirts or pillowcases, or painting ceramics for a small up charge. There is coloring and usually several other activities during the day. We go for two weeks every March and rarely go to the parks. The staff is tremendous, plus st OKW there is shuffleboard, pool, bikes, tennis, beach volleyball, basketball, etc. all right there and very close to the room and the pool.

Our kids like the coloring sheets, they've done the ceramics painting, the photo booth at OKW, we've sat and played pictopia together. Overall it's just a nice way to enjoy some downtime together.

The activities are usually posted for the week at the hall or the front desk. I assume like the others their is plenty of pool related activities and arts and crafts

Community hall at Boardwalk is very nice.
They have games and the CMs are very good.
On hot days by the pool it is a nice place to pop in when the kids are getting warm.

I forgot all about community halls. We have several resort days our next trip and will check the SSR one out. Thanks!

When staying at Kidani I always stop by the Community Hall to pick up scratch art. They are in cute animal shapes (seasonal shapes too) and they will give you a little scratch pen to work on it. Stop by and grab a few to take with you before you go- its a great activity for restless kids while waiting in the airport ;)

Was at BWI last weekend and when the pool was closed due to weather we popped in to their Community Hall instead of going back to the room or sitting in the lobby. Kids loved the ping pong, air hockey and pool table as well as the many arts and crafts available (most at a cost). They actually didn’t want to go back to the pool once the weather cleared! Great way to take a break from the heat as well. Will now consider staying at a resort that has a Community Hall in the future.

Does anyone knows where the ping pong table located at AKV`s community hall?

We used to go into the Community Hall(s) when my kids were younger. Rent videos, play games, crafts, etc. Years later there was no reason for us to visit. Once the grandchildren started coming, we definitely go in again.

They are great all over again. CMs are great too and will play/interact with the little ones. Nice break during the day from the parks, rain, chaos, etc. It's not just for little ones.

We love the crafts and games! They are really nice for some down time or for rainy days!

me and the kids like the ceramics. the kids love playing pool. little liked coloring and making slime. made pillows once, that was fun. the ceramics are addictive on a long stay.

The community hall at BLT was wonderful, but cost us $90 this week. We discovered the castle play set, and my daughter fell in love. It’s now in our rental minivan and coming home with us so Santa can deliver it in 6 months.

My son and I played connect four and watched a little of a movie they were showing. It was a fun place to get out of the rain when our pool time was interrupted by a storm.

My kids (5 and 2) really enjoy the community halls. They were an unexpected bonus of DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter