What do you love to research before going on a trip? What subjects delight you?

lunarsongbird

Disney Magic is a Must
As some of us are booking or rebooking cruises to much later dates, there leaves lots of time to research.

Are there topics or subjects that you just love that always become part of your vacations?

Are you a birder?
Do you love breweries?
Are you a foodie?
Lust after geology?
Are a history buff?
Must find an art museum?

What have you learned or done that has really enhanced a past disney cruise? Or what do you look forward to experiencing in the future?

Are there topics or subjects that you just love that always become part of your vacations?
I usually just look to see what's available to see/do in the area. We're pretty eclectic about our interests. Military, science, theater, geo-caching, dining, history, odd ball attractions.

The biggest thing I've learned about traveling (not just cruising) is plan, but be flexible. Things don't always come out the way you plan them.

For us it always depends... city trips we approach differently than scenic / nature trips which are different than cruise trips which are different than land based trips in a foreign country. We mostly start with what an area is "known for" and go from there - I usually know what I want to see before we decide to go somewhere. If we'll have time in a location we'll research any breweries or special bottles of distilled spirits as my husband does love to kick back with a glass of something at home. Its his favorite souvenir.

I love to research things to do. Most of our trips are to Asia and we like street art, cycle tours, wildlife, street food, architecture. We also like markets, forts, temples. We try to find unique/unusual things to do.

As far as cruises, we usually do a beach day, some kind of adventure activity or a private island/city tour. There is much less time in a particular place when you cruise so a lot less planning involved.

I'm a foodie.

So I always research local food specialties and traditional local food. Lately I have found an interest for the local snacks, like what do locals have after a night out, or on a fair, or during halftime of the local sport.

I also research the local wildlife and if it's possible and safe to see.

While I love food and do a little research on that, one of the things we always tend to hit regardless of where we go is a good cave. Caves are so cool, and it's amazing to walk beneath the earth into a secret world. My kids probably think I'm nuts, but they will have visited a lot of caves by the time we get done traveling together.

I also research zip lines. Don't always go on them, but if they're in a unique location or have a different vantage, we try to go.

We love to research unique nature experience.
Flora and fauna
caves
Beaches
wildlife
animals
so exciting to anticipate seeing something beautiful and vibrant

A lot of the time it's things you can't see or do anywhere else. On our last Caribbean cruise we visited a monkey & sloth sanctuary, Mayan ruins, and swam with stingrays. And throw at least one beach day in!

But we also love things like escape rooms, so we try to hit one of those everywhere we go. We found a great one in Liverpool on our last British Isles sailing and now I've seen them on Grand Cayman, so hopefully we can check that off the list in the future.

As some of us are booking or rebooking cruises to much later dates, there leaves lots of time to research.

Are you a birder?
Do you love breweries?
Are you a foodie?
Lust after geology?
Are a history buff?
Must find an art museum?

What have you learned or done that has really enhanced a past disney cruise? Or what do you look forward to experiencing in the future?

Land: I love hotels and restaurants. This is what I’ll research the most.

Sea: Ship and excursions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter