What do you mean no sweet tea?

I'm going to attempt to make my own sweet tea in the room.

First I'm going to brew boiled water in a tea bag and then add lots of sugar. Once it's dissolved nicely pour it into a tupperware pitcher and put it in the fridge.

I don't know if it will work but if it does, it will be nice to drink in the room.

Veteran hotel sweet tea maker here. :goodvibes

If you have access to a microwave:

In a microwave safe pot bring two cups water to a boil. I use a microwave pasta pot from Walmart...yes I bring it on every trip!

Add in 1 cup sugar and stir the dickens out of it until the sugar is dissolved.

Place 3 "family size" tea bags in the sugar water to steep for about 10 minutes.

Pour the super sugar tea mixture over ice in a 2 qt pitcher and add water to fill 'er up. Keep in the fridge and enjoy. :)

We have lived in hotels for 4-6 weeks at a time during military moves and we NEED our sweet tea. :rotfl:

I've got a similar question about Barq's Root Beer. Only a few places around WDW carries it---'sup with that??

I hear ya OP.

Here in Canada there is no such thing as "sweetened" ice tea. All ice tea you order comes with sugar, and whatever they're trying to pass off as "iced tea" down at WDW would be thrown in a sewer up here in the great white north :rotfl: OK it's not that bad, but it's still pretty bad.

I honestly don't believe they serve unsweetened cold iced tea up here. If you asked for it, they'd probably look at you funny, hand you a cold bottle of water and a tea bag and tell you to knock yourself out. Also, this solution would 100% taste like unsweetened iced tea, but adding sugar to cold iced tea tastes horrible.

A Fluffernutter is a sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow creme usually served on white bread. Variations of the sandwich include the substitution of wheat bread and the addition of various sweet, salty and savory ingredients. The term fluffernutter can also be used to describe other food items, primarily desserts, that incorporate peanut butter and marshmallow creme.

The sandwich was first created in the early twentieth century after marshmallow creme, a sweet marshmallow-like spread, was invented in Massachusetts
- official WIKI ANSWER

pronounced Fluffa Nutta, it is wayyyy better than Jet Puffed Marshmallow Crème. I get it mailed to me from my sister back East. Best Ma:goodvibesrshmallow in the World.

FWIW, we ate at California Grill last week and my DH (who only drinks unsweetened tea) received a little plate with a small pitcher of simple syrup to sweeten his tea. We thought that was kind of neat. :)

A Fluffernutter is a sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow creme usually served on white bread. Variations of the sandwich include the substitution of wheat bread and the addition of various sweet, salty and savory ingredients. The term fluffernutter can also be used to describe other food items, primarily desserts, that incorporate peanut butter and marshmallow creme.

The sandwich was first created in the early twentieth century after marshmallow creme, a sweet marshmallow-like spread, was invented in Massachusetts
- official WIKI ANSWER

pronounced Fluffa Nutta, it is wayyyy better than Jet Puffed Marshmallow Crème. I get it mailed to me from my sister back East. Best Ma:goodvibesrshmallow in the World.
First fluffernutter sandwich for me (in western NY) was in the mid-'60s. Mom bought "fluff", along with a million other moms. She limited our intake of fluffernutter sandwiches to about one a week, or 2 half sandwiches on 2 separate days. It was actually hard to slog thru a whole sandwich -- the bread, the marshmallow and the peanut butter stuck inside your mouth. I loved a spoonful of "fluff" in hot cocoa. Umm!

During our trip a couple weeks ago I discovered:

The iced tea dispensers at WL's roaring forks and BC's marketplace have sweetened black tea (i.e. what northerners know as sweetened iced tea), but NOT southern Sweet Tea.

I was quite pleased to discover that the same dispensers at Coranado Springs had "southern sweet tea" as an option in addition to the normal sweetened black tea, and it was very yummy. I did not discover it anywhere else, though.

-SW

I'm sitting here drinking it now. They have it at the service bar at Old Key West. I had it at Diamond Horseshoe Friday night, then again on Saturday but I cant remember where. They didn't have it at Crystal Palace or H&V. Tomorrow I'll find out if Coral Reef or Akershus has it. I don't like soda pop.

Why not just bring down your own sugar packets or sugar cubes and eat them straight? :rotfl2:

"I'd like some water and tea with my sugar syrup, please?" :rotfl

I like my sweet tea mixed with lemonade. I get it all the time in NC. I hope I can get it at Disney.

Sweet tea is at 50's Prime Time and Trail's End. The real stuff. Real sweet tea is brewed and sugar is added while hot. Real sweet tea does not come from a bottle or a fountain period!!

Well, the main reason is you can sweeten unsweet tea but you can't unsweaten sweet tea. So making it unsweet means they only have to prepare 1 batch. And you don't have to concern yourself with making it too sweet or not sweet enough. As a Southerner I get the difference in adding sugar to unsweet tea vs. making sweet tea but as a practical thinker I know why many restaurants won't bother. I just drink Diet Coke instead. Problem solved. Tea is for at home. Where I know it's made like I like it

I am from South Carolina and I was raised on sweet tea. Love the stuff. But I can certainly survive a vacation at WDW without it. On a different note, I live in New Jersey and more and more restaurants (beyond McDonald's and Wendy's) are making sweet tea available.

Mom from Michigan & Dad from Kentucky. Grew up with one parent drinking sweet tea and one never. I converted from sweet to unsweet years ago. I cannot tolerate sweet tea now! I live in Indiana and we too have gone from a state that never used to offer it, to now if I ask for iced tea, I *always* get asked if I want it sweet or unsweet. Why? Indiana is not the south! LOL!

All I drink is tea, and it's only sweetened if it's a Starbucks Chai Latte. I've found as I've turned into a total tea snob, that I don't like tea that was brewed very long ago as the tannins get strong and therefore it turns bitter & often cloudy. I find this very common in sweet tea - maybe as others mentioned because people like to brew it and add sugar when hot then let it sit?

Anyway, I'm finding this thread very interesting! It has always been a hot debate in my house growing up. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter