What do you own a ridiculous amount of?

Star Wars figures...in boxes. Some duplicates were taken out when kids were little, but most still New in box. Many displayed on wall, shelves, but hundreds in boxes...all sizes too. One of these days, I'll do an inventory....unfortunately no mint in box vintage...that would be awesome!
Also refrigerator magnets. That's our go-to souvenir now, and we get them any time we travel.

Last edited:
At the moment scrapbooking supplies. I got into it precovid for the many unique trips we had planned I kept buying a paper and stuff whenever I’d find certain vacation themes.

Tee shirts. I get a couple a year from work. All my kids sports organizations (and my kids are 30 and 34 now so they haven't played sports in years). I have pro-sports teams shirts, Ford Mustang tee shirts. My wife bought me a 5 drawer dresser, and 4 of the drawers a stuffed full with Tee shirts. I bet I have at least 5, and I wear at most 7 a week.

Me: complete sets of dishes.
I have our 1)every day dishes, 2)green cabbage dishes for Spring/Easter, 3)Christmas everyday dishes for December, 4)the fine china, and 5)melamine dishes for the deck.

I almost started collecting Christmas fine china but decided against spending that much money on something that I would use one day a year. Instead I asked for Christmas accent salad plates (Lenox Winter Greetings), and I mix those with my regular fine china (Lenox McKinley) to make the table setting more festive for Christmas Eve/Day.

DH: He is a Deadhead. For years he collected and traded tapes of Grateful Dead shows. He has a whole wall in our game room filled with tapes in special wall mounted cassette tape shelves. Then he moved from tapes to CDs. He has spindles upon spindles full of them. There are so many that lots of them are stored in bankers boxes in the garage. I’m not sure what he’s ever going to do with them.
Amateur! 😉 - I have 2 dozen plus sets (yes sets of 8-24place settings and oodles of serving pieces) of fine china - plus a dozen or more sets of crystals stemware, 3 sets of sterling flatware, dozens of table cloths, 8 punch bowls, etc etc etc...plus 3-4 sets of Christmas china and various accent plates for all occasions (even Chinese NewYears)...I do keep my dining room setup all the time but I truly have way way too much...

Photographs.
Trying to organize and thin out the albums so my kids don't just look at it all and toss it when I kick the bucket!

Soy sauce. My husband teases me, because we have like 10 kinds. But to me, they're all different, and I use them all. Same with kinds of vinegar.

Also, tote bags and shearling slippers. I have 9 pairs of shearling slippers, and 3 pairs of UGGs. It's a bit ridiculous, but I always wear them.

Books--I have several hundred. I haven't bought any new ones for a long while relying on the library and kindle books (I have Kindle Unlimited) but yup books. 2 bookcases full up in one of the extra bedrooms plus more not able to fit on them.

I do also have a ton of CDs from back in the day. I have one of those bulky large 200 capacity cases (though I don't believe I have that many) zippered cases.

Books, tote bags, and reusable water bottles. I swear it’s like the bottles multiply. We clean them out and get rid of some every so often but they keep accumulating!

We used to have a stuffed animal issue but it’s gotten better. We found that our local animal shelter takes them for the dogs to play with, so that has motivated our kids to give up some for a good cause! Win win!

Refillable Disney mugs. Every few years we purge the lot, but with six people we have more than enough. In fact, I just threw out a bag of them the other day and still have a couple dozen. Have a set for tent camping, in the travel trailer, in the pop-up trailer, and plenty in our kitchen cabinets and more in the garage unclaimed.
My moms Hallmark ornament collection spanning the late 1970s-mid 00s. The entire Barbie, train, and rocking horse collections as well as several others close to completion. Not all get put out every year. This year we never finished decorating the tree. Kind of started and left it unfinished, sad.

Clothes that do not fit that I am not ready to part with.

Books and curriculum. Between my addiction and the library being closed down/check out limits I spent hundreds on books this last year. My new addiction is games. I have been buying tons of educational games. I am doing a book and a game challenge a day with the kids. We are having a blast!

Debt!

and DVDs that my mother insists on buying for us even though she knows we stream everything. She really just wants me to store them for her because periodically she will ask to borrow something.

Unorganized genealogy information and documents. I’ve been researching for many years.

Masks. We have lots of cloth ones, but prefer the disposable ones. We go through them really fast and we don’t rewear them.

Brewery pint glasses. Many from the brewery I used to work for and others that I collected from pint nights at a local pizza place. I have not spent a penny on any of them. Other than the cost of the beer (and pizza) for the pint night ones.

Wonder if pint night will ever come back or will it be a casualty of COVID. ?

Amateur! 😉 - I have 2 dozen plus sets (yes sets of 8-24place settings and oodles of serving pieces) of fine china - plus a dozen or more sets of crystals stemware, 3 sets of sterling flatware, dozens of table cloths, 8 punch bowls, etc etc etc...plus 3-4 sets of Christmas china and various accent plates for all occasions (even Chinese NewYears)...I do keep my dining room setup all the time but I truly have way way too much...
You could cater a whole wedding with what you have!!!! Side job??? Haha!

Believe me, I have had to stop myself on several occasions from buying more sets. There are soooo many beautiful patterns out there!

Soy sauce. My husband teases me, because we have like 10 kinds. But to me, they're all different, and I use them all. Same with kinds of vinegar.

Also, tote bags and shearling slippers. I have 9 pairs of shearling slippers, and 3 pairs of UGGs. It's a bit ridiculous, but I always wear them.

Sidebar: we bought bourbon barrel aged soy sauce recently from KY....so good! Bourbon Barrel Foods I think was the company

I have too many bags/totes and wax melts. I never burn wax melts, but for some reason have a shelf full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter