• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you own a ridiculous amount of?

I present to you, pickle forks! :rotfl:

View attachment 548557

When I was helping my mom clean out my granny's house after she passed away... it took a year to go through... she saved everything, she grew up in the depression so she never threw anything away or could part with anything... We set up a system, a box for each of my moms sister and brothers, then all of the grandkids branched off from those boxes... and then asked everyone, was there anything that they really wanted, once all that was out of the way. There still was so much stuff left... I was starting to really get in the kitchen cabinets, and pulling and washing everything... and I came across and small plastic bin filled with this type of stuff, I sorta remember them from when I was a kid, and Granny using them on Sundays, when we all went over after church and spent the day... I asked my mom about it, She said some of them were my great-grandmother, and she was telling what some of them where for... My mom said she would have wanted you to have all these, I treasure them so much... the box was loaded with so many different little forks, spoons and several small different shaped knife's. There are several of them I still don't know what they were actually used for - I just used them all on Christmas eve,... I put them all in a old mason jar, with Christmas ribbon, and this way everyone could easily get to them, as well laid them on all the platters that I made, they work great for appetizer, and platters. Whenever we have parties, everyone always comments on them... It makes me proud to use them...

Another addiction is tea and Bath and Body Works products. I have an entire cabinet full of tea. My bath products are insane. I shop a couple of times a year to restock. It drives my husband nuts!

I am happy to say this is a difficult question to answer! Years ago, I would have had a half dozen answers to what I had a ridiculous amount of ..... creamer/sugar sets, bears, santas, snowmen, on and on.

However, it is my experience that once you clean out the home of a loved one after they pass away and you have to deal with pretty much each and every single item, is cures you from wanting so many items in your own home. I also don't want my loved ones to go through what I did! I try to live by the one item in, one item out rule .... though I can't say I'm always successful at doing it.

Right now, I have a ridiculous amount of family photos - 8-10 large totes. I always thought I'd make Shutterfly books for everyone, but it is overwhelming. It is SO hard to throw away photos and no one else seems to want to sort them either.

Makeup. There's just always new products coming out in new formulas and new colors. I have over 100 lipsticks alone 🙈 The previous owner of the house I live in had one of those beds that pulls out of the wall, we took out all the hardware and made it a makeup closet, filled with a vanity, shelving, and lighting.

Okay that’s awesome! I’m also a makeup addict. 😍

I collect a lot of things but at this point the collection that consumes my house is Willow Trees. I have about 200 of them and it’s just too many hah. I started collecting them when my son was a baby (I think that’s when they were at their most popular- bout ten years ago) and slowly accumulated them via gifts or garage sales. My friends always call them ‘the creepy faceless people.’

Mugs. I already had a ton, but then I bought the entire Disney ABC line last year which added 34 mugs (some letters have a WDW and a DL variant).
I collect Disney mugs(plus a few from travel destinations) and they are displayed on the walls,and used daily. I have probably 60-70 at this point,it makes me happy to choose one that suits my mood daily. I also collect vintage milk glass in all it's forms. Some would say it's too much,I say it looks just right. :rotfl2: I do keep my collections neatly housed and displayed,and clean.

Precious Moments figurines. I have my collection of around 150-200 plus my mom's collection of well over 1,000. I've been trying to give hers away to various family members. For example one of my sisters in law is Native American so she got those figurines, another sister in law is Vietnamese so some of the Asian ones went to her. A couple of my nieces just had babies so I had them pick out some that would have meaning for their families plus be something for the babies from their great grandma. They aren't as popular as they were so the resale value has really dropped.

Reactions: slo
golf balls. I golf so i use some but i bike/walk around golf course by my house. I find a lot. I find lots of Titleist Pro Vs. and they cost like $4 a ball. Most of the golfers really shouldn't use them because the pick up lots of spin, if you mean to put the spin on or not. That spin will often put the ball out of bounds and in my pocket. Titleist must laugh about this all the way to the bank.

Pez dispensers. It turns out that once you tell people you have a Pez collection they all want to buy you Pez. I've literally bought maybe 2 or 3 ever. I may have over 500 now.

Precious Moments figurines. I have my collection of around 150-200 plus my mom's collection of well over 1,000. I've been trying to give hers away to various family members. For example one of my sisters in law is Native American so she got those figurines, another sister in law is Vietnamese so some of the Asian ones went to her. A couple of my nieces just had babies so I had them pick out some that would have meaning for their families plus be something for the babies from their great grandma. They aren't as popular as they were so the resale value has really dropped.

I probably have the same amount of Precious Moments as you - I love them!
I told everyone to stop buying them for me years ago, because I've run out of room in my 2 curio cabinets.
My girls are always telling each other which ones they want when I die:rolleyes2:rotfl:

OPI nail polish

I need to purchase some OPI (preferably) gel polish, do you recommend one place/site over another for a good representation of color?
I'm not terribly familiar with different polishes, haven't bought any in years!

Lots of things, I’m afraid, but the most recent horde is my Dooney and Bourke handbags and accessories, most of which are vintage. I also have quite a few Disney Dooneys. I started an IG account early on to keep track of my inventory, and that worked out well because I’d never keep track of what I have without referring to the photos c

Another addiction is tea and Bath and Body Works products. I have an entire cabinet full of tea. My bath products are insane. I shop a couple of times a year to restock. It drives my husband nuts!
I had that addiction a few years ago (along with a cabinet full), When we moved 3 years ago I made a rule that I could only buy the hand soap or gifts for others. It's still a lot of Bath and Body Works left, but it all fits on 2 shelves now.

Fabric! I had a small stash of fabrics when I was just sewing Halloween costumes, bedroom curtains, and baby gifts; then I branched out into making bags, then clothing - so I needed more fabric (different kinds for different uses). Then about 2 years ago I found custom fabrics and it all went crazy. Custom fabric is pretty limited (on which design is available for how long) so you have to get anything that you love because you know it won't be available later. Problem is I love so much of it, and they keep coming out with more and more designs I love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter