What do you plan to do for the first time on your next trip?

BelleMom

DisCon cosmic commando
One thing that I enjoy at WDW is that I can always find something new and thrilling to do _ and also that there is always something thrilling and new that I don't have the time to try. Now I am curious about what you guys dream of doing for the first time on your next trip to WDW, be it next month or next year.

I start: on my nov/dec trip, these are my intended "firsts":
To take the illuminations cruise
To go to Pleasure Island and attend the Adventurer's club
To try DQ
To go to Jellyrolls
To buy a margarita in Mexico and sip it around the WS
To dine at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and _ if I feel really daring _ at Victoria & Albert
Take the grand tea at the GF
Maybe, just maybe, try a thrill ride, let's say, splash mountain (my family consider me weird because I go to WDW and never ever rode a mountain)

What about you? What would you like to try for the first time on your next WDW trip?

We plan to visit Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. Also, I may stop to see Blast in Epcot.

This November will be my fourth solo trip in the past 3 years. This trip is going to be different in that out of six days I am only spending one day in the WDW parks.

The new things I am doing are:
1) Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure, 2 days
2) Water Mice at Contemporary
3) 3 days of golf at WDW courses
4) Candlelight Processional
5) Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

Some favorites will also be repeated:
1) Dinner at Portobello Yacht Club
2) Drinks at Jellyrolls - numerous times
3) RnR, ToT, Test Track, etc.

I've got several first on my next trip.

First trip as a DVC member

First time to stay at OKW resort

First trip since finding the DIS and have two meal/meets planned with a number of DIS'ers

First time for Illuminations Cruise

First time to share a meal with someone here on the Adult/Solo Board (see Dining Central -- September)

First time for some new attractions.

Hope to get my first Disney haircut at the barber shop in MK.

Should be a great trip!!

My next trip in September will be my longest solo yet. With 15 days on site I have decided to really take it easy.
I really have never gone to many of the "live Shows" before. I think Tarzan Rocks and Doug Live are the only ones. Oh I am not happy about the end of Douggie that was the absolute best place for a nap at MGM. I always carried a pair of earplugs in my bag just for this midday break.

Go to the resorts and walk around a little. I read on these boards about resorts that I have not visited so next trip will have a day of just walking around.

RussH

I must admit I read this thread primarily to get ideas because I don't have any idea for a "first" next time. But I need to suggest what was my first last time I went solo. Now, when I go with family I'm a real comando, with every second planned in advance. On my last solo trip, what I un-"planned" was that the first day I went out to the bus stop and just got on the first bus, wherever it went. I was so excited, and DH bet that I just couldn't be so spontaneous at WDW! Well, I did it, and I was so proud of myself! In addition to doing that again, I'll have to think about another first for my next solo trip. Any more ideas?

I have yet to ride the Raft ride at AK! Plan on doing it in Nov. if not too cold! Also, eat at Spoodles and spend more time at Boardwalk at night! I ALWAYS go to Pleasure Island, need a change!;)

firsts for our Sept trip:

Cirque du Soleil!

first stay at CBR!

first stay at AKL! (not to mention first deluxe resort stay... hmm... and first time paying more than $100/night for a hotel, ha! :eek: )

Spectromagic!

visit the Boardwalk!

eat at a sit-down restaurant either at a Park or Resort! (we've always been the cheapo burger combo type)

hopefully catch the Goodnight Kiss at MK!

hm... i'll edit the post as i figure out more. if i think too hard, we won't be able to fit all these "first"s in our next trip. oh well, guess they'll have to wait until our next next trip! ;)
wow, too many exclamation points huh? guess i'm excited... :p

disneyberry: You will love CDS. This was one of my last time firsts.
This time will also be my first time at AKL!

Poohbear123: do you have any tips about doing Pleasure Island ? Do you go solo?

I'm not Poohbear123 but I go to PI quite often when I'm there and I go solo. I have a PAP and will usually do DD or DQ or PI just about every evening after the parks close. I'm not a big drinker. I just enjoy being around the activity. One other first for me this trip will be Adventurers Club. I don't know why I've never stopped in there. Actually, I spend most of my time at PI out in the street or in the stores. Like I said, I just like the activity.

This trip, I've also linked up with RichMay through the Dining Central posts here. I'm going to share a meal with him and will probably link up with him and/or others to do PI. I've done that before. Actually met a guy from Scotland at RnR one trip and we did quite a bit together, including PI.

Disneyberry: I agree, you are going to love Cirque and I'll be that you enjoy CBR as well. Check out the two links below to other threads here. We've got several people that will be there in Sept and are getting together. There are also a couple of "mini DIS meets" in September. Check out the Theme Park board for those.

September Adults/Solos

Dining Central -- September

In Feb I met a friend at the McDonalds, she drove all the way from Daytona Beach in 45 min to get there! We usually go to Adventurers club, Comedy Club and than 8-Trax for the rest of the night! We opened and closed that club last time!;)

Hi Bob: on my first trip solo, last year, I used to spend lots of time at DD, but never got to PI. It was around Christmas and New Year and it looked too crowded. Also,I believe this was one experience I didn't have because I was overconscious of being by myself. This time I really want to try the clubs. After all, I have been thinking, this is Disney and it certainly must not be risky or clumsy for a woman travelling alone to go there, have a drink, absorb the atmosphere and take a peek at the clubs. I hope you have a great time at the adventurer's club and later tell us all about your experience.
Simba's Mom: I did the gospell brunch at HoB. It was lots of fun and I plan to do it again. Have you tried this before? You sit in a big table with lots of people and it is very easy to strike a conversation with your neighbors. The music was great and I enjoyed the food.

My anticipated firsts:

1. Staying at AKL (added two days to my trip - now there 14 nights) with Savannah view (also first "deluxe" resort solo)
2. Staying at my "home" resort, BWV (stayed at OKW last year)
3. Sit down restaurant solo (thanks to the other thread on this board)
4. Potential Dis Meet
5. Maybe golf
6. Keys to the Kingdom or Undiscovered Future World Tour (if still running)
7. Arriving at night (always arrived morning/early afternoon in prior years)
8. Visit Boardwalk at night
9. AP holder

Man this list is long!

My DH & I will be going in Sept. We have some first this trip:

1. Staying two wks (usually it is just a week)

2. Cirque du Soleil

3. Hoop de doo

4. Driving from PA to FL with my 73 y/o mother!!!!!!!!!

5. Momma Melrose

I want to do another backstage tour. My first solo trip I did Dolphins in Depth and Backstage Safari. They were great and I met alot of people with my interests.

I spent 7 days there in May, and feel like I haven't made a dent. Fine, I'll just have to go back and see more.

I also want to do more solo sit down dining. Tried Rose and Crown for lunch, and it was great. I plan on going back and doing dinner so I can see the illuminations.

One thing about PI. In my mind it seems a man alone is natural, but a woman alone draws attention. Maybe it's me, but I really feel unconfortable going to clubs alone.

I did have a rum runner at a little outdoor bar on the harbor at DD and was proud of my self. Just sat and people watched..

I have so many first this trip that I can't list them all high lights are
Cirque du Soleil
MGM
Victoria and Alberts
Rose& Crown
Character breakfast
We did not ride any major attractions last time so they all will be firsts.

For my Dec trip this year (2 adults) I'm going to try to do these for the first time:

Fantasmic
Boma or O'Hanas
Undiscovered Futureworld Tour
RELAX a little bit more!

DH and I will be going alone this time and plan on taking it easy for a change...visiting some of the resorts (we are staying at CSR) and enjoying the scenery, which is always gorgeous!

this will be my wife and my third visit to wdw together. (i went twice before we married).

first time:
animal kingdom
visit animal kingdom lodge, eat at jiko
play golf
la nouba
illuminations cruise
backstage magic tour
steam trains tour
fantasmic (though we've seen the disneyland version many times)
3-night disney wonder cruise
islands of adventure (not disney, i know)
mini golf
eat at: kimono's, chefs de france, 'ohana, brown derby, maybe bongo's

repeating:
stay at wilderness lodge
eat at v&a's, ca grill, portobello yacht club, maybe artist point
visit pleasure island, especially adventurers club and comedy warehouse
typhoon lagoon
busch gardens tampa (not disney)
oh yeah, the disney parks: magic kingdom, epcot, studios

My firsts for next trip:

Keys to the Kingdom tour
Cirque du Soleil
First daytrip to IOA
First time to close out an E-Ride Night - on August 28 I will stay until the bitter end! They owe me something for closing so early all week and not having any SpectroMagic.
First experience with Water Mice (I plan to rent one at WL)
First trip on which I visit all three waterparks
First chance to check out all the World Showcase entertainment at Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter