• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what do you take in your carry on?

luvs2plan

Earning My Ears
Only a couple of weeks to go. Now I have a couple of questions. What do you take in your carry on? We have a lay over and I don't know whether to worry about lost luggage enough to pack a few essentials like p.j.s and a couple of other things. I thought for sure medications would be a must. Is it worth worrying? Also is there anything entertaining to do while flying that I haven't thought of?

This is what I posted on a similar question on this forum:

I usually carry:
airline tickets
book
electronic game (yahtzee)
magazine
snacks
any medicine I might need
essential toiletries
change of clothes (in case luggage is lost)
camera/film
cell phone
wallet (IDs, CCs, Ins. Cards, etc.)
$1 bills for tipping
Earplanes

Also someone else suggested a bottle of water...I have a Brita I always bring!!!

Hope this helps!!! :smooth:

Hi, a good list posted above.

I can only second definitely bring a bottle or two of water and lip chap. Air in the planes is so dry. We have had waits of at least an hour before we have gotten anything to drink after boarding.

Herc

I carry my laptop computer with DVD player. With the requirement for being at the airport so early (2 hrs prior) we find that we have a lot of time when we get to the gate. I search out a wall outlet - plug in the laptop - 2 sets of headphones and fire up a mmovie for the kids.....

I also carry snacks - mmost airlines give you very little now a days.....

Luvs2Plan, I am leaving in 3 days, and I was just looking at my carryon, overflowing with things, and I was thinking of starting a topic about this, but you beat me to it!!! Thanx, it's much appreciated!!

Jules

Here is my list

airplne tickets
hotel/ car rental vouchers or confirmation numbers
Passport/ identification
camera/film
book
earphones
sunglasses/baseball cap
change of clothes (especially if leaving the cold north to the south)
suitcase and home keys
gum/mints

travelin' tigger what are earplanes? Also, CdnDisneyNut why do you take earphones on the plane, you didn't mention a radio or anything? Can you take your own instead of buying them on the plane for a movie? I am really out of it when it comes to plane travel. CdnDisneyFan I hope you have a great time especially a great birthday. Way to celebrate. Save some warm weather for me. I saw a forecast of about 71 degrees in 10 days. I love the 70's. And I love it more when it's cold here. Thank you for your lists, I'm going to look for Yahtzee.

luvs2plan

Earplanes are earplugs that help your ears during takeoff and landing (and during the fight). They equalize the pressure slower so it's easier on your earcanal and eardrums. Helps me alot since I had severe congestion on my first flight home and was in alot of pain.

Can find them in any CVS, Walgreens, etc. with other earplugs!!!

I'll add this to the list:

Video camera! You don't want to check this, big potential of being stolen. My carry on is the camera bag, that has 2 Reader's Digest in it (for roundtrip, one is good for the entire flight to Disney:D ), gum, film, camcorder and charger, house keys.

DH's carry on has the plane tickets, bathing suits, sunglasses and his magazines.

Your carry on should include everything you will need for your first day at Disney. Our first day is always Blizzard Beach, so sunscreen is always in there. Just think of every little detail you will need for the first day, then you won't have to go through all the big luggage when you check in and want to go to the parks. Have fun!

Just reminded me of the Toy Story II outtakes... lol

"Im packing you an extra pair of shoes... and your Angry eyes... just in case. And if you get hungry, here's some cheese puffs! And a Key! I dont know what its for, but you never know...

...and a golf ball, if you have time for golf... and a plastic steak, and a rubber duckie... and a Yo-yo!

...And an extra extra bouncy ball. And some extra teeth... be careful, they chatter.

...And crayons, in case you get bored... And some blue play dough.

...And a dime, call me! And some monkey chow!"

"Monkey chow?? What's that for??"

"Well, for the Monkeys of course!!! C'mon monkeys!!"

Thanks for the laugh Tyler! I feel like I'm carrying all that!

I carry a deck of disney trivia cards with me. They came in handy two years ago when our flight was delayed two hours. We even had a couple of teenage girls and their mothers playing with us.

PINS
food
PINS
a book/magazine
PINS

I have pins in my checked luggage and carry-on.
Now I carry food only because you never know if you get a light meal or no food, period.

I carry as little as possible, simply because I feel the less you have for them to possibly pull you aside to check, the easier/faster the line goes, also when I board, I don't want to be fumbling around trying to stash luggage, hitting people in the head and again, holding up production.

I usually keep my wallet, tickets, digital camera, a book, light snack/water, glasses, the usual things that might be needed on short notice. I've just learned to travel lighter and make life easier. I used to carry WAY to much stuff on board and found I never went to use one of those things, so packed they get!

Just my own opinion on carry-on.

Believe it or not, I pack our bathing suits in our cary on luggage!! A few years ago DH and DS had an awful trip to Vegas, and their luggage was lost. In 2001 and 2002 we went to WDW and stayed in a vacation home. Lost luggage wasn't going to mess up our trip- the least we could do was GO SWIMMING until our other luggage arrived!!

I have to give a nod to Mickey4ver... less reason for them to pull you over!

Although I still pack quite a bit in my carryon.. not as much as I used to!! :D I got 'pulled over' last year before boarding my plane home from MCO... it was a bit embarrasing - I had all of my normal things I carry (earplanes, gum, snacks, medicine, CD player & CDs etc.) plus a few extras that didn't make it in my checked bags... just stuffed in willy-nilly! :o The person who went through my bag put it all back - nicer & neater than I had it. But I'm sure they thought I was a major mess! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter