• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think about my ADR choices

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Lunch
Teppan Edo Lunch
Tokyo Dining Lunch
'Ohana Dinner
The Hollywood Brown Derby Lunch Fantasmic 1st Show
Donald's Dining Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant
Be Our Guest Dinner Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (different days)
Tutto Italia Dinner
Skpper Canteen Lunch on my wish list
Tiffins Dinner
Sci Fi Lunch

Obviously no reviews expected for Tiffins.

Only going to comment on the places I've been

Mama Melroses - It's okay but Via Napoli is a far better pizza experience
Teppan Edo - Not bad but I never go as I have better hibachi options in Chicago
BOG lunch is excellent.
Tutto Italia - Skip. Replace with Via Napoli.
Sci Fi is okay for fries and milkshakes.

'Ohana is our favorite!
TH breakfast is great!
BOG dinner was not as great as I expected :(
Sci Fi is just ok IMO

Haven't been to any of the others, but looking forward to trying out Tiffins in July!

I think Be our Guest is way over rated. I do go for lunch for the experience but I don't care for the food there at all and we have been a party of four or five many time so have sampled many choices. Food to me is blah!!!! Can't comment on the dinner there. Love Teppan Edo for lunch. A must do for us. Sci Fi fun to experience.....once! I have enjoyed Donald's safari for breakfast. Enjoy

Too much food and too much expense for me.... I will probably only make 2 or 3 ADRs (if that) for a 9 day trip in 2017

We've been to Teppan Edo, and absolutely loved it! There are many restaurants like that where we live (Hawaii), but the Disney pixie dust made it magical! My older DD has been at Tokyo Dining, but she said she would prefer Teppan Edo. We liked it so much, we're doing it again on our upcoming trip.

From your list, we will also try for the first time BOG (dinner), Tutto Italia, and Tiffins. I would love to see other's comments on these places too, especially Tiffins, when it officially opens this weekend.

Loved Tusker House breakfast and Sci Fi. Be Our Guest dinner was way better than lunch.

Never done them yet but Ohana dinner, Skippers Canteen, and Brown Derby lunch are on our to do list for our upcoming trips. And I've read more positive reviews of Tutto Italia than Mama Melrose. We ate at the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar and enjoyed it.

Only going to comment on the places I've been

Mama Melroses - It's okay but Via Napoli is a far better pizza experience
Teppan Edo - Not bad but I never go as I have better hibachi options in Chicago
BOG lunch is excellent.
Tutto Italia - Skip. Replace with Via Napoli.
Sci Fi is okay for fries and milkshakes.
I agree with this. Tutto Italia was ok (I honestly liked Tony's in MK better), but Via Napoli was amazing! It's a must go back restaurant for us.

Last edited:
Teppan Edo for us was not worth the time, we have better hibachi around home (I think the cook was underskilled when we went since she didn't do any of the neat tricks that most do so the overall experience was lack-luster). BOG I thought was great as a PPO breakfast, but I was disappointed with dinner (food was kinda meh). TH for breakfast was wonderful with my 2 kids, and the food was good. Sci Fi was cute for a lunch (my husband loves it).

We enjoyed Mama Melrose, we've done lunch twice.
Love BOG lunch, the carved turkey and roast beef sandwiches are delicious!!
Also love Ohana, we have had great experiences there the last three years. And that dessert :love::worship:

Mama Melrose - We loved it. Had a very good meal there.
Tusker House - Loved breakfast and we have reservations to eat breakfast there again
Teppan Edo - It was very good we enjoyed, but our hometown hibachi places are better. It was good though.
Sci Fi - Great atmosphere, very unique and fun, but the food is just okay. It's not bad, it's just okay. We prefer 50's Prime Time Cafe - Great comfort food. Love the fried chicken.

We like all those places. Never a bad meal except we didn't care for Via. Soggy pizza is not our cup of tea. That's all we tried there but I'd be tempted to try other food on the menu. If we want pizza we will look at other places on property. We do like Tratorria al forno at Epcot better.

We like all those places. Never a bad meal except we didn't care for Via. Soggy pizza is not our cup of tea. That's all we tried there but I'd be tempted to try other food on the menu. If we want pizza we will look at other places on property. We do like Tratorria al forno at Epcot better.

If you get a white bread pizza (i.e. prosciutto and melon), instead of a saucy one, you won't have a soggy pizza.

I will only comment on the ones I have been to. I like Mama Melrose better than the rest of my family did. We had good service and the food was pretty good, I think we were just still too full from lunch to fully enjoy it.

Be Our Guest lunch was good. I liked preordering and getting our food quickly. It was tasty and warm. We have done dinner there a few times. The first time it was amazing. This last time it was pretty good, but I had he fish and everything was really salty. And I like salt, so that says something. I would still go back, though we are just doing lunch this trip.

Sci Fi was not good at all in our opinion. We are glad we tried it, but won't be back for awhile anyway. The food wasn't that great and the service was just okay.

Tusker House is a must do. We always do it for breakfast. The food is good, the characters are usually a little fun, and being in the air conditioning in Animal Kingdom makes it worth it alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter