• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think crazy idea is it even possible?!

I would not switch to a cabin. Have you seen pictures of them? They really aren't that nice. I have a family with two kids---so having extra space staying somewhere would be appealing to me. But if it was just my husband and I---we are good in a hotel room, especially since we can go out and do more as adults without having the kids who need breaks/more sleep/naps etc. I would consider moving to AKL or the Grand Floridian, even the Boardwalk or Beach Club---but the cabins, no way. Those things look tired and in need of some upgrades, in my personal opinion before they would appeal to me.

I would stick with what you have for this trip - you will have easy access to several restaurants and bars within the resort vs those offered at the campground.

We like the cabins but we need more sleeping spaces and a place to hang out when not at the parks.

Why not take the boat over to the campground during one of your MK days to look around and see if this is something that would appeal to you on a future trip?

I've tried to convince DH that we should stay in the cabins sometime (we are a family of 5), and he just won't be convinced that staying in a trailer would be good (over vs. say an AoA suite)

For what it’s worth, I think they’re adorable and we LOVED our stay in the cabins. I mean it’s definitely a different vacation.. takes longer to get places. But it’s nice for a more relaxed, slow paced trip. And we LOVE Crockett’s Tavern!

Thanks so much. I've decided to stay with CSR.

I think you will be happier. The cabins do not scream “romantic getaway” to me - more “girls’ birthday weekend” or “girls’ pre-wedding weekend” to me...though admittedly the people I know who have stayed there have only stayed there for those, so that colors my view. Ha.

I would not switch to a cabin. Have you seen pictures of them? They really aren't that nice. I have a family with two kids---so having extra space staying somewhere would be appealing to me. But if it was just my husband and I---we are good in a hotel room, especially since we can go out and do more as adults without having the kids who need breaks/more sleep/naps etc. I would consider moving to AKL or the Grand Floridian, even the Boardwalk or Beach Club---but the cabins, no way. Those things look tired and in need of some upgrades, in my personal opinion before they would appeal to me.
Actually, I’ve stayed in them, and the cabins themselves are very nice! It’s the resort itself we had an issue with. It’s HUGE! And the pool is small and nothing special. Also, we weren’t impressed with the dining options either.

Were you actually talking about the cabins or WILDERNESS LODGE RESORT? Because I would move to WL for $500 in a heartbeat, but wouldn't stay at Fort Wilderness if someone paid me (not my thing). I know sometimes people confuse the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter