What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about you?

There are two:

One - that I'm lazy because I don't work (I actually have MS and was told to quit working by my neuro - I don't generally announce to the world that I have MS, only on the DIS - where my friends are :D )

Two - that I'm stuck up. I'm the complete opposite, if I don't talk to you, it's because I'm too shy to. :(

Great topic browneyes! :D

I feel that people think Im either a snob, or just unfriendly, because Im really quiet and shy(in person).

People have always made incorrect assumptions about me, so there are to many to list. The biggest mistake people make is in assuming that just because I don't comment on something that I don't really have a strong opinion. I've had several friends through the years who've tried to tell me what to do or push their opinions on me because I don't usually spout off about my opinions or preferences. I have a really long fuse, and I'm VERY diplomatic, and sometimes people think that means I'm wishy-washy. BIG mistake!! When I'm pushed too far, and I'm finally offended or pi**ed... look out!!!

In high school, some people though I was "snooty" because I was pretty quiet. Many teachers in high school (and some in college) underestimated my intelligence because I was so social and not "serious." I always loved telling people my GPA (if they asked) because it would shock people.

Overall, I'd say people underestimate my depth and strength on a lot of levels. I'm a lot "deeper" and more self-confident than people imagine.

Good question. I really have no idea of what people think of me though. Tell me what you all think, and I'll tell you if you're wrong! ;)

Originally posted by WilmaBud
...In high school, some people though I was "snooty" because I was pretty quiet...

Funny how see one thing and read another. When I firstsaw this I read "some people thought that I was "snooty" because I was quite pretty..."

I read that and thought - no WONDER they thought that you were snooty! :teeth:

THEN I read that sentence again. :rolleyes: :o :o :o

Mea culpa WilmaBud!!! :)

That my husband and I have never used drugs.

Over indulged in alcohol

That the only person I ever slept with is my husband

That I am really a shy person who realized that if I want to go anywhere in this life I;ll have to suck it up, push that shyness down into my gut and move on. I am outgoing but still shy.

denise

that i'm a snob (because i'm quiet)
that i'm spoiled (because i don't have a job and still live with my parents)
that i've never done/will never do anything bad

People always think my husband and I are "In the family".

I tend to be pretty quiet. I've been called stuck up because of it.

The conservatives on the DB insist that I am a wild eye liberal when compare to many of my friends, I am a right winger.

People who see me frequently assume that I'm much younger than I really am. Now that I have a baby, they think I'm a high school student with a child. Actually, since I shop during the day, they must think I'm a drop-out.

That I don't have things together as much as they think I do. I'm pretty good at covering I guess. :rolleyes:

That I'm:

A) tall (only 5')
B) rich (DH and I are self-employed, 'nuff said:( )
C) that I'm confrontational and a cannon ready to explode (that's only true 50% of the time!:o )

People think I never take ANYTHING seriously! Can't imagine why... ;)

Some people think that I'm too young to have intelligent opinions on "deep" topics and issues. I think that has a lot to do with looking much younger than I am (I am 23, but I often get mistaken for about 14 or so--I think I look at least 16, LOL!).

People assume that I am very outgoing and confident in myself. Really I am a very shy person (especially when you first get to know me) and not very confident at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter