• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you use to protect your quartz countertops from heat?

Frwinkley

DIS Veteran
Currently have granite countertops, but our new build with have quartz. My granite has been indestructible (as far as putting hot pots directly on it).

What do you use to protect your quartz countertops?

Regardless of whether it is granite/quartz/marble or any other type of manufactured solid surface, I would never put a hot dish directly from the oven or stove on them. Sudden temperate changes are bad for those surfaces regardless of what they are made from. You could also scorch/stain the surface from heat. Always used a trivet, cooling rack or some sort of pot holder.

I used trivets when I had that kind of counter tops. I still us them with my granite

Regardless of whether it is granite/quartz/marble or any other type of manufactured solid surface, I would never put a hot dish directly from the oven or stove on them. Sudden temperate changes are bad for those surfaces regardless of what they are made from. You could also scorch/stain the surface from heat. Always used a trivet, cooling rack or some sort of pot holder.
Yeah agree with this 100%. That said I thought it was less of an issue with Quartz.

I went with granite because quartz was not quite there yet, but its a lot of upkeep IMO.

I really wanted granite as it was what we had for 20 years in our last house. But, turns out what I had been picturing for my new kitchen, was actually quartz! I had always used pot holders or trivets to put hot pans on, and I will continue to do so. I'm also going to get a few silicone pads. I need one to put under the crockpot when I use it, infrequently as that is. Amazon has a large selection of reasonably priced options.

We have granite countertops and they are no more work to maintain than any other kitchen surface. About twice a year we spray something that applies much like furniture polish to seal the surfaces. I think a lot of the upkeep/sealing talk is noise generated by companies trying to sell a competing product. A little common sense and regular cleaning goes a long way regardless of the type of surface.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter